Journeys and Myths - Devoid of Joy (minimalistic)

Here something “very different” from my anxiety noise I usually make. I’m not a fan but hey maybe someone will dig it.
A self imposed challenge really. 1 instrument.

https://soundcloud.com/devoidofjoy/journeys-and-myths

1 Like

Dying to listen to this but during the weekend is almost impossible (I got two rug rats running around so it’s really hard to get any music time in). Gonna listen ASAP!!

1 Like

Only 1 instrument?! Impressive. Although it feels to me like it’s desperate for some filthy lo-fi drums in there.

Reminds me of something but I can’t put my finger on what.

I spent a little time after I finished it trying to put some kind of percussions with it but I just couldn’t make I fit. I usually sort out percussions first thing for this exact reason.

1 Like

I hate it when I can’t get the drums right on a track. Sometimes I start with the percussion (actually, pretty much ALL of the time since V5 landed :joy:) and sometimes I start with the melody. But when I can’t find a fit between the two it pisses me off.

I tend to leave it alone for a few weeks and come back to it. Once or twice that method has worked :confused: If anyone has a more foolproof method then I’m all ears :ear: :ear:

Oh I feel ya, I’ve got about 15 partial tracks awaiting melody or percussions. Truth be be told I might get two tracks I find acceptable out it if I’m lucky.
I’m the type that if I sit on them too long I’ll loose the original feel of the track, then I loose interest. Most my stuff is a two day max before I should hang them up or they get messy.

1 Like