It’s been forever - motivation / tips?

So uh… it’s been forever since I’ve been on here and I just wanna say I’ve lost all motivation to make music lol. Anyone have any tips/food for thought to help me get motivated again? I really miss making happy hardcore but just…can’t do it properly anymore.

8 Likes

Welcome back! I know how it feels to be stuck, here’s my advice from another thread!

I know it can be hard, but I promise it’s worth it!

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Do you want to collaborate on something or I’ll just send you a project and you can do whatever you want with it? https://app.auxy.co/projects/v7vH_Yc_Jl6CduX0rSKLYA== Here take this
Welcome back!

1 Like

Go listen to different genres, different artists, try and replicate them, try writing in an unfamiliar genre, invent your own genre, many possibilities.

3 Likes

Sadly that’s what I’ve been trying to do, hasn’t really worked ):

I remember you

Glad ur back :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ll be on and off honestly as music is a side hobby I’ve lost motivation to do, but hopefully spending time here will give me motivation

4 Likes

https://app.auxy.co/projects/hqtDJLOtBtrQ5n7sdJUMyw== This is what I came up with

Honestly just start producing. When I’m not very motivated it usually isn’t actually that I don’t have any ideas, I just am lazy or don’t think my ideas or good enough, so I don’t even try to produce. Often times if I actually try, I can get motivated as I get started.

4 Likes

I feel like I should say that when making a song I don’t know what I should make first. The bass? The background melody? The drums?

1 Like

Whatever you want, then try to add elements that work around it

I feel like you do a lot. But do you know what I don’t do? I don’t stop.

Try pushing yourself to use longer and more complex chord progressions, or instruments that you never utilize. It makes for a fun challenge with a good result.

1 Like

Also hi it’s been a millennia welcome back :grin:

1 Like

@BobTheGUYYYYY I feel like I need to work w/someone directly— if you don’t mind could I talk to you on discord? I love ur style of music a lot and we already kinda know each other lol

1 Like

Yeah sure :smiley:

#BobTheGUYYYYY9265

Only make music when you have an idea fresh in your head. It would sound better and it would be more true to yourself. Maybe you still need a break.

2 Likes

:-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:

Writers block doesn’t just go away. Inspiration may come randomly but you have to work through it and improve yourself

2 Likes