Is there a way to downgrade Auxy?

I’ve recently updated Auxy to Auxy 6 and I’m just far more comfortable with ver.5
I guess I just need to get use to how the instruments work now, but I’m having difficulties trying to get the right tuning I use to get with the older instruments. I also noticed that automation for compression on drums is gone.

2 Likes

13 Likes

It takes me a while to do so. I hated Auxy 5’s UI when it came out, but I got use to it so I’m sure I’m gonna love Auxy 6 soon enough, but it’s just gonna take time

2 Likes

Like with most things :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know you used to be able to. If you backed up your phone to iTunes, your apps would sync and if you had an older version of an app you could restore that one.

But today, nothing that I know of other than like 3rd party apps/downloads for that stuff.

Wanted to do the same when v5 originally dropped (5 -> 4), but the iTunes feature has been long gone before that so…

2 Likes

I have no idea why apple would take that feature off. Luckily I still have 4 on my older phone, but it would be really nice to have 5 again for editing instruments on projects I haven’t finished yet.
I was thinking maybe Auxy could have versions be different apps, but that would just asking for too much at that point. It would be nice to have that option, though.

3 Likes

I have one solution, but you need to be jail broken.

The tweak is called “App Admin” and it lets you download older versions of apps from the App Store. But, still, there is other easier solutions than doing this.

I don’t want to jail break my phone

What if auxy just builds in a feature where you can downgrade to any version at any time

1 Like

this would be awesome to downgrade so i can get all the juicy original free sounds >:D

5 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone also miss how the scenes were layed out in Auxy 4?

2 Likes

This just isn’t possible on Apple’s App Store, it really has nothing to do with Auxy.

Sometimes I miss this. But if you think about it, the existing layout is pretty similar but on the bottom instead of side.

1 Like

I meant I like how the loops on the scenes are placed.

I actually like how the scene count is at the bottom right now, but it’s kinda boring to look at solid lines broken up by lines to show you how many bars the scene has.

2 Likes

Agreed, scene count was nice. When this change first happened a lot of people were not pleased. It’s much easier to see what’s happening with a scene loop wise with the numbers.

1 Like

Never knew why the change was made. I saw no problem with the previous one other than maybe labeling a scene now. The numbers might get in the way or something. Even just making the counter at the bottom a little taller could help with the problem.

2 Likes