Interesting fact about your music journey?

Hello all! Indirect here, hope all is going well for you. Thought I’d take minute and ask… what is one interesting fact about your music journey that not many people know about?

For me, something not many people know or remember is my “Suit Rebranding”… I decided to take things more seriously and draw my own logo, and officially made the logo public on September 8, 2017. The logo looked like a little suit…

This was my first attempt at anything like this, and it initially got me really motivated to reach out and do more… This logo isn’t used anymore but it led to a much more broad name and brand… getting me an “I” emoji :indir3ct: and the nickname Indi.

Another fun fact… I recently got a puppy and the shelter I got him from was calling him “ND” for new dog… so I just migrated over to the name Indie since it sounds similar. Im even branding my dog here y’all :stuck_out_tongue:Just kidding just kidding

What is some interesting fact about your music journey?

8 Likes

I’ll play.

Industry City Sleepers was actually an EP name for my main project “iammane”. Iammane is “I am” and the first two letters of my first name and first two letters of my last name.

icsleepers I decided to use for Auxy only stuff, which became my main music app for awhile and spun wildly out of control. Since the icsleepers stuff started to sound exactly like the iammane stuff, I decided to consolidate the icsleepers stuff into iammane and get back to using just one email address (thank god).

I have many other aliases. Not here though.

8 Likes

Fun fact about my music journey is that I first started out with Medly. I was just messing around, having fun, and didn’t have any experience at all at this time. This was like 5 or 4 years ago. I joined this old discord server called “Unofficial Medly Server”. And that’s where I met @SolRac_Official. Carlos was using Auxy and this was the first time I’ve ever perceived of it. I heard his work, and I was really fascinated. I decided to give it a go for myself. Late July 2017 was when i started to use Auxy. Till this day, I’m using it more than ever. I always wonder how little decisions like joining that server would have been like if I didn’t actually get discord and join it. Or even download Medly. I’m just glad to be where I am now.

4 Likes

I started out using an old version of Beepbox, then transitioned to many different music programs (including Auxy) because it was too limited.

A few months ago, I heard that Beepbox 3.0 had been released. I checked it out recently and really like it, so for now, at least, that’s what I’m doing.

Kinda came full circle there

3 Likes

That’s crazy awesome! It’s amazing to hear that journey haha. Totally unique

2 Likes

I’ve used beepox before! It’s fun but yes… limited. It’s great that you transitioned over to Auxy though :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah.

If you haven’t seen the new update, you really should give it a quick look. It added soo much

2 Likes

This one time, at band camp…

7 Likes

Haha no way! If I’m correct about the server you are talking about, I’m actually one of the admins on that “Unofficial Medly Server” (although it isn’t affiliated with Medly anymore). That’s actually where I started my musical journey too, and I made a lot of my first producer friends on that server years ago.

4 Likes

Please don’t…

1 Like

My music journey started with auxy and I loved it. And started making some bad remixes that I don’t really love. Which is why my name is theLOV3Ddays. I loved auxy during the days. I started with medly before and tbh, nah I don’t go for it. I go for auxy. The millionth heart of all music apps. My interesting fact about my music journey is about my trap vibes. I had a iPod 6th generation and I used to make my beats there. But now I got a million imported samples to make a full real trap beat. That was just half the details about my interesting fact. The other half is soon. Now please just wait.

1 Like

Old server buddies reunite, I love it :joy:

1 Like

Haha I can only imagine

2 Likes

My songs usually happen after i poo so it dosent sound like :poop:

6 Likes

I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before in some other thread but one interesting fact about my music journey is that I was introduced to auxy in an elementary school music class back when it was in the auxy 1 days. After I played around with it In school, I went home and got it on my iPad and made some crappy music. I posted most of it to newgrounds so I could use it on geometry dash and then a few years later I discovered this place and started to make stuff for SoundCloud.

2 Likes

I think of chords and keys in colors because I’m weird lol

2 Likes

Hi there, I am a guitarist for 15 years and I have been in more than ten bands in my life but have never released something as a physical copy, I only uploaded some jams on youtube and soundcloud…through the years I got interested in many genres and started playing other instruments as well…drums,synths, bass, drum machines. The first complete album I uploaded was made in two days in the first version of auxy back in 2015.
Fast forward in 2019, I signed up with distrokid and got a couple of albums uploaded in spotify (made with auxy). Looking back in various project that didnt get released only makes me kind of sad and anxious…
SO friends when you are writing something try finishing it and getting it somewhere

6 Likes

Wow. You are perfect. Welcome to the community! Make yourself at home.