How to turn these melody notes into future bass chords?

https://app.auxy.co/projects/Hwo34zrsbYi526PvhCZyrg==

So I came up with a great melody including the chords in my head, but I’m not exactly sure how to make these chords sound “chill”. Any insight as to how to to make these single notes into chords?

5 Likes

Give me a sec…

2 Likes

Take your time, but I got a song planned for this one. Never successfully made a future core song, but this one is starting to scratch the surface. I just need some example of how to future bass-erize this.

1 Like

Ill do my best! just got out of school and im now working on homework. ill try to do my best to make a good chord prog. if you would like examples of future bass, feel free to check out my soundcloud, or if you dont want to give into my self promo, check out auxys reposts!

0 Likes

I’ll need more than just hearing, since my hiatus with Auxy set me back pretty far. YouTube gives some good ones, but I can’t work with chromatic, since I find it too complicated and only know major scales (Though this future core attempt is in Ab Major, I can’t use the 7th, 9th and 11th chords properly in scale view). I usually like to look at projects themselves to look into the chords and use those for inspiration for my own songs. Thanks though!

0 Likes

Makes sense man, im the same way. ill get to it soon!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Like I said, take the time you need, since what’s important is I got the melody down. If you want, I’ll throw in credits of your name on the SC song description.

1 Like

Filo

0 Likes

https://app.auxy.co/projects/_XUU-GL2qevOR7yBn_0oww==

Made two progressions, kinda similar. Tried to make an example of how you could use them, not the best but hopefully it will give you some inspiration. If you’re not happy with it or if it wasn’t what you were looking for, I would be happy to make another one! :smiley:

P.s. No need to credit me!

1 Like

You need Bass though

0 Likes

Well yeah, just doing the chords for now.

1 Like

U can use 7ths and 9ths in scale view, it actually makes it way easier in my opinion, just count up the number from the original :+1:

0 Likes

Thanks for the tips everyone, since I needed some help trying to get my mind going with making music again!

0 Likes

quick q? what do you mean you cant use 7 9 and 11 properly in scale view?

2 Likes

https://app.auxy.co/projects/nrz4pYJ8pVm_ViWHtz6Udg==

I took a jab at it. I don’t think it’s that accurate to the melody but it’s close

1 Like

Actually, it’s pretty accurate nvm

0 Likes

As in using non-chromatic view

0 Likes

Funny thing, I was working with the same melody on chromatic mode and it now it sounds exactly like this version.

0 Likes

Unless it’s a glitch and it duplicated the same project I had.

0 Likes

When you switch a melody from scale view to chromatic mode, it doesn’t change the melody. In scale view, you see all the notes in the scale for the key you are in, when you switch to chromatic mode, you see all the notes on the whole piano roll. The scale view was made so people could stay in key, so it’s missing a few notes, when it switches to chromatic mode, it adds the notes missing to the piano roll. Don’t know if this is what you meant, but I thought I’d share.

0 Likes