How Often do You Finish What You Start?

How often do you finish your songs?

• Always
  • Almost Always
  • Sometimes
  • Almost Never
  • Never

0 voters

It seems that most of the time I’ll have a song in my head and I’ve just been developing it in my head all day and then I get home and start trying to make it and I just can’t get the sound that I want and I eventually have to botch the whole thing. :confused:

1 Like

It’s somewhere between sometimes and almost always. I have like 20 or so untitled projects that are literally a single loop it’s kinda crazy xD but usually I’ll stick with an idea if it’s more than me messing around.

2 Likes

I fell like that’s how mine turn out. Either a one loop track or a weird song.:joy:

1 Like

i usually get like 70% of the way done with the track itself. But i can never get around to actually ever finishing them. They just kind of sit there on my computer, nearly done, but not really good yet.

If I compare the number of starter ideas, loops, etc… I’ve created to the number of tracks I’ve put on SC, I fall somewhere between ‘Sometimes’ and ‘Almost never’.

If I’m talking about whether I’m happy to sign-off on anything I’ve created so far as being finished, final and ‘ready for release’, that drops to ‘Never’.

1 Like

If I had put never, would that have surprised anyone?

1 Like

When I have a loop or a track and can’t seem to make a song out of it but it sounds great, I’ll move it to my Ideas project, have at least 20 loops there waiting for me to use

As Andrew Huang will surely tell you, nothing is ever finished…:joy:

1 Like

If you run out of ideas, watch Andrew Huang.
If you do have ideas, watch Andrew Huang anyways.
If you’re bored, watch Andrew Huang.

What I’m trying to say is, watch Andrew Huang.

3 Likes

Me: I tend to get an intro, and a buildup to my first drop, but then, I have a difficult time finding the balance between repetition and introducing new material.
I feel like this is a major hurdle I have to clear before I can get recognized as a songwriter/producer.

1 Like

I have hundreds of unfinished projects and a whole bunch on my google drive i can’t access when i was clearing space before the apple files update. :frowning:
I usually put them down until i learn more and can come back and perfect an idea.

I have 4 unfinished projects, i just dont know which to finish…

A l l O f T h e m

1 Like

I think im gonna do a unfinished projects video, and then people can vote.

1 Like

Andrew Huang style, I like it

1 Like

I love his Balloon song. Its hilarious!

2 Likes