How can you release an EP?

Hey! I have an EP ready to be released on Soundcloud, BUT! You can only release 1 track at a time, so i don’t know how to release all at once. Do you release all of them by them self and then make a playlist with them all in it after? Please let me know. Thanks!

2 Likes

Who are you using for distribution?

Typically, most will offer the option to release an album, though it will be an album in name only.
Just choose album, but only add two tracks.

Each channel (Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music, …) has their own criteria for what they class as a single, an EP and an album.

Two tracks, both less than 10 minutes long, will be treated like a (double-)single or an EP. But it doesn’t really matter, as both singles and EPs are almost always sorted in together, under ‘singles’.

3 Likes

Its on Soundcloud.

In that case…

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003561288-Creating-an-Album

1 Like

Oh thanks man! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Yeah, just once you have all the tracks done, click more, and then add to playlist. Then hit create a playlist and make your album. You can change the release date, cover art, type of set, etc from the edit option.

Then you just continue to add tracks by clicking the more option on your track and adding it to the respective set. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You release them one by one or if you have pro you can schedule a release time for all of them to release at the same time

2 Likes

But i can only put the track in an EP if ive released them. And i wanna release them with the EP, get it?

1 Like

For Soundcloud, you will have to post the tracks individually anyway. There is no option to only release as an “EP” playlist.

4 Likes

Yus. If you wanted, you could upload everything as private, create the playlist as private and then flip the switch on everything all at once. At least it would all appear at the same time. But yeah, each track uploads individually then is added to a playlist ultimately

4 Likes

Yes that’s what ive been thinking to do.

Thanks for the tips everyone!