GENRE:Pystrance, Bass advice

I was looking for an instrument that could replicate a bass line like in the psytrance songs?

I’ve tried so many instruments already like pur and barber (which came pretty close-ish) but i’m trying to find one that, when converted, really sounds the most similar.

Also if someone has a psytrance kick (or other percussions/drums or instruments), feel free to recommend one the comments aswell :wink:

You might want to try pepper or slope from 7 skies selection. Without messing around in auxy, those are the ones that come to mind. I don’t know much about psytrance, but from the video, you could make the low and high ends of the bass with two different instruments and just high pass the upper one. I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes

I did some messing around and tried to replicate the bass from the video. I haven’t found a perfect instrument for it, but here’s two different attempts with layered instruments: https://app.auxy.co/projects/FJrfTZ6fglCaxQeRoLYVig==

The drums aren’t perfect, I just threw in a kick that sounded somewhat similar and decent. IMO, you’ll find some of the best kicks for this genre in leviathan 2.

Hope this helps!

1 Like