GENRE: ___House___

Fixed it for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Well… What about Basement Jaxx? Or is that just EDM?

Some great tracks there.

A couple more…

And a quick nod to one of my fave listens at the time…
(…being a regular at the MoS back in the day)

Best I stop now, or I’ll never stop.
(House if the genre that tempted me away from Hip-Hop.)

Halcyon days, indeed.

1 Like

That’s EDM.

Ah, many thanks. Well, guess I know what board to go to.

1 Like

Ah house, my favorite genre :3

Working on my track for The HOUSE MUSIC Challenge and stumbled across this:

A classic house track, built with such limited gear.
Really inspiring.

1 Like

It just goes to show how less can really equate to so much more. The last 30 seconds or so are very telling, when you have a bajillion plug-ins and a ton of hardware it can be too overwhelming, maybe it’s too many options?

Great vid thanks for sharing! :+1:

1 Like

French House: The Art of Sampling

1 Like

How Larry Heard Made House Music Deep | Resident Advisor

4 Likes

Thank you, Jesus. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

On this day (12 July) in 1979, disco went up in smoke with 60,000 baseball fans turning up to a Chicago White Sox game to burn disco records and cry “Disco Sucks!”. The infamous Disco Demolition Night with its racist and homophobic undertones was led by rock DJ Steve Dahl who was aggravated by Saturday Night Fever and the mainstream success of disco.

I like to make tech house lol

1 Like

I hate that guy. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

So do I. :slight_smile:

Ah i uncovered the House genre thread. Nice

It’s like finding buried treasure xD

1 Like

Sure, as you say.

1 Like

Lately since I slowly got back into the music production vibe, I seem to have lost my flavour in making even the most basic songs. I can make pretty great chords, throw in a nice drum beats… but can’t continue. I make a cool melody, have a fitting drum pattern, but end up nowhere. I even try listening to a couple songs for ideas (while trying to make Future Core), but when I made a track myself it sounds messy and weird. Right now my target is making calmer, slow songs, rather than arcade length songs from games like beat mania IIDX or Arcaea.

So that’s why I’m gonna start slow and try doing progressive house, since it’s fairly easy to work with, and thought of consulting this community of musicians for tips. Note that my experience in music is kinda off since I never got ahold of the latest Auxy since I was stuck with a low end device for a while, and I’m trying to work with Major scales, mainly F# or Ab. Thanks in advance for any advice!

1 Like

Drum-wise:
Look to Euphoric Drums. With a kick and open hihat from that pack you can’t really go wrong :joy:
A combination of (mostly) Leviathan 2 and Euphoric drums sounds brilliant:
https://app.auxy.co/projects/O3FJ_64JjY9iDlHmpi_6GQ==

Note: I’m mostly talking about Tchami-like Future House drum breaks (as only he makes the real FH magic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but the drum patterns are similar in most House sub genres