Forum Member of the Week - 28 - crystldawn

Sure it is…
:new_moon_with_face::no_mouth::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It is. As long as you give feedback regularly, you have a typical chance of becoming FMOTW. I wasn’t expecting to be it for a while (plenty of other people give more consistent feedback) but I ended up being it anyway, so it looks like it’s pretty random. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Totally random. I use the google random number generator.

The only exceptions are that my own name came up once and I chose not to do it. And a few people were randomly selected but not featured as they haven’t provided feedback on other featured members (in which case I marked their names with “skipped” so they would know).

So it’s a surprise for me who’s selected each week. Was glad to see you being chosen CrystlDawn.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve got a question for the community - what’s behind the capitalization? I usually just use lowercase letters when typing my name, but some people capitalize the C and D. Not a problem with me, just curious.

1 Like

I do it out of habit.

If I slam two words together that aren’t usually a single word, I sometimes use capitals to differentiate the words and make it easier to read.

2 Likes

Still love Palms man. still salty my entry for the remix contest lost to someone who didn’t even upload their project as a song but yeah it was pretty bad xD

Your music is always crystal clear and expressive, and I can’t wait to see where you continue to take Auxy in the future. You’re easily one of the most recognizable producers in terms of style that somehow doesn’t get promoted enough.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Your music is really well-made, just not really my thing. Except for Mist tho, I liked that one.

2 Likes

Your songs get stuck in my head too often. You’re too good man :joy:

2 Likes

Alert! The auto-magic thread countdown has been activated.

Last chance to leave feedback…

Here’s some feedback for you cRyStaLdAwN.

Overall:

• You’ve obviously found your niche, with chill. Enjoyed listening to it.
  • Understated drum layering, but always varied, interesting and on point.
  • Strong melodies and well-composed layers.
  • Dreamy instruments for the calming feels.
  • High production quality.

Mist - Great hook.

Surf - Smooth drums and guitar.

Breeze - Slow and controlled, with a strong melody. Went to click like, but already had. Obviously, I’ve got good taste.

Adventure - Love the bass at the start of the last section.

Looking back & Gaze - Unique drumming. You keep switching it up.

Winter - Another slow and controlled track. Like the way it drops back to pads and subtle sounds, then swells.

Citilights - Different to all of the above. Nice drum-rolls.

Lost - eerie lead and liked the arps.

Ocean - argh, wubs!!! This was 8-mths ago. Good individual parts, but not as cohesive as the tracks since.

Based on the tracks I listened to, there seems to be a difference in production quality between the tracks you wrote 8-mths ago and since. The new tracks sound richer and more dynamic. Did you change something, like your post-processing outside of Auxy?

2 Likes

sorry im late, I love the drums you use in surf and mist and the diversity in the beats. thats what I try to do and I think its something really good

1 Like

also worth noting your proper use of the guitar… I always fail at it and I love hearing people who are better with it than me

Hey man, you make awesome stuff! My favorite is Breeze. I like the songs better that have more catchy melodies vs. the more ambient ones, but that might just be my personal taste. :grin: Keep making great music!

1 Like

Thanks for all your feedback! I’ve never used things outside of Auxy, but I’ve been using richer basses for my newer songs, which might be what you’re hearing.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone in the community for the support!
I heard from various people that my chill style wasn’t really their thing, and I’m fine with that. I’ll continue broadening horizons and working in more genres, and will hope to appeal to more listeners.
Love you guys :blush:

3 Likes

Why do I always leave this to the last minute :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try and pop by soon.

Your melodies are all perfect.
I really want to know how to make melodies like this.
So good job😄

I like how you use so many different instruments that go together, it really helps to hold my attention.

I especially like the guitar melody in surf that comes in at the beginning.

Your chords remind me of decruz, they sound more simple but there catch and convey a lot of emotion.

You definitely need vocals in your songs

You can get the vocals of a popular song for free on YouTube. And publish it as a remix.

Overall I really enjoy your music, and it’s really calming, and relaxing.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

@crystldawnmusic
I listened to a bunch of your tracks, and you have very nice style going there; a combination of chill and tropical vibes, which is great. Normally I’m not really into this chill genre, and I wouldn’t listen to it myself, but your stuff is quality nonetheless. I have to admit that I really like the tracks in which you instill emotion, such as Mist and Flow. Mist is just awesome. It’s pretty different from your other stuff. The intro is really good, and that part between 1:30 and 2:15, damn, that really got to me for some reason, which is good :smiley: . Flow also has that emotional feel for me, so good job on that as well. What I also noticed while listening to your tracks is the use of percussion, it’s really solid man. I could learn a thing or two from that lol.
Keep it up man! You’re already at a high production level :wink:

1 Like