Forum Member of the Week - 22: DHO :dho:

DHO

Featured Auxy Artist #22: @DHO

DHO is an American guy who plays “Guitar, Bass and Tenor Ukulele, Mandolin, Banjo, Piano, Mallets, Melodica, Kalimba and Accordion.” His toolset includes Auxy, GarageBand, FL Studio & Ableton Live 9 (Lite).

DHO has run the 2nd and 3rd Auxy Tournaments, for which he earned an Auxy forum unicorn. It takes a lot of time to run a tournament and a bunch of people enjoy it, so it’s a cool contribution to the Auxy community. As a forum frequenter, DH0 was also active in the rapping topic, engaging in rap-battles.

Let’s show DHO some support ----> https://soundcloud.com/dhomusic/tracks.

DHO_Face

Week starting: 28 May, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of DHO’s tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.
  • If you want to be featured, remember to comment for others!

Check out the tracks here: :soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dhomusic/tracks

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name.

:dho::dho::dho::dho::dho::dho::dho::dho::dho::dho:

12 Likes

Yay!!!

2 Likes

Nice job. I can definitely say right off the bat that your song “Yeah!” is uniquely nice to listen to. Definitely listened to it many times. Your 300BPM track experiment was also pretty sweet, and I haven’t heard anything come close to that outrageous speed before that or even since then.

It seems like you’ve developed your own niche style of trap which is good as well.

Nice job hosting the past couple Auxy Tournaments by the way. You’re probably one of the most active forum members–can’t go far without seeing your logo around here. :wink:

3 Likes

Congarts!! Love Four Lads Breakdanced In London :joy:

2 Likes

Congrats @DHO! Your tracks are definitely some of the most unique in auxy. First of all, thx for hosting the tourneys and stuff! Second, your music is so cool on so many levels! the things that you think of are so dope and so out of my brainpower.

Yeah! is an awesome song, I really love the bass in the drop with the melodic perc in the back. Really cool melodies too!

I really like Space Gloves too! Really ambient feel to it, nice job with the attack on the chords.

Also, your collab with @anechoik was AWESOME! I love all of it. Honestly can’t point out one part of the song I would change, its awesome. The use of the melodic perc is on point, and the strings stuff is awesome. Also, in the drop, that “aah” sound from sweet pads is SO nicely done.

Congrats again!

1 Like

:joy: Sometimes typos are better than the real song title. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks so much for the feedback, @ezA!

1 Like

@Arimyth Thanks for all the feedback! Means a lot to hear all that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you, @Aviomusic! Never would have happened without @BobTheGUYYYYY though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yooooo!

@MisterMaster

Really honored to be chosen! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So if anybody can tell me what genre my new track is that would be nice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
https://soundcloud.com/dhomusic/moving-sidewalks

Congrats my dude, I got a bunch of tracks from you that are some of my faves :clap:t3:

Space Caves sounds super mysterious and I love the atmosphere in it. Chipmunk Trap is really interesting as well, the buildup kinda just flows into the drop and I love it! When I first heard Yeah! I was completely caught off guard when the drums came in. I remember there was another track you had called Yes, can’t remember what it sounded like, but I remember that I liked it. And also, Strange Winds is crazy, especially with those volume cuts.

Keep up the good work man! :+1:t3::+1:t3:

Edit: Moving sidewalks is a bOP
Love the strings!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Yes was removed to save upload space, but it’s based off the first song I put on SoundCloud.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@DHO congratulations, I can’t wait for our collab

1 Like

AHHH LOL oops Space Caves*

1 Like

Have to say I’d never heard anything like “yeah!” Before. Incredible track! Definitely one of my favorite tracks made on auxy!

2 Likes

“Yeah” has to be my favorite ever. It really stood out.

To be honest, im not surprised DHO was picked

1 Like

It’s a random draw…

6 Likes

“Yeah” is my favorite for sure. Love the sample use, percussion, and chords

1 Like