Forum Member of the Week - 18: Andrew Adams

Andrew_Adams
:andrew_adams::andrew_adams::andrew_adams::andrew_adams::andrew_adams::andrew_adams:
Featured Auxy Artist #18: @Andrew_Adams

I’m quietly pleased that Andrew Adams has been randomly selected this week, as he seems like a real nice guy, who’s always popping in to support others.

Andrew plays :musical_keyboard:, some guitar & :trumpet: and he sings. He also excels at Auxy music competitions. :trophy:

• In the Auxy Forum Awards, Andrew was shortlisted for Producer of the Year (2017).

• He won the 2nd Auxy Tournament to claim a :unicorn: and is currently co-hosting the 3rd Tournament.

• Andrew short-listed for BTC 16. He short-listed for BTC 17. And he totally won BTC 23. (I stopped checking BTC’s at that point!!)

Andrew hosted Beat the Clock #22 - challenging us to put emotion into our music, based on two pictures (Freedom and Loneliness). Remember that?

He’s been reposted by Auxy and delivered collabs with peeps like Southborne, Voltt, Morgen, Horiz3n, intrepid, blackøcean and Just !n Cayz in recent months.

Enjoy a delicious taste of Andrew Adams this week.

Week starting: 30 Apr, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.
  • If you want to be featured, remember to comment for others!

Check out the tracks here: :soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-andrewadams/tracks

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name.

18 Likes

Congratulations on the feature @Andrew_Adams :slight_smile:. I love the varied genres that you produce in, from sort of orchestral to classic EDM. Here’s some feedback for you below:

From what I’ve heard, it seems like a common trend of your music is that it has a very uplifting vibe. It’s a nice change from a lot of the producers I hear (myself included) that produce with a more minor / “dark”(?) vibe.

Probably my favorite song you’ve made is Battlecry. I think the fills from 1:02 on might be a bit much (maybe a fill every other chord stab instead of every single one), but the melody is great, the grandeur of the song is amazing, and the automation you used for things like the pitch is spot on.

Good stuff mate. :+1:

3 Likes

Congrats, bro!

1 Like

Congrats!! Very uplifting music.
I think Journeys Ends should be in a movie or something.

1 Like

Congratulations! I will leave feedback later :slight_smile:

1 Like

YESS!!! You are my current favourite Auxy artist. I love your music so much! Will give feedback on the weekend.

2 Likes

Sweet tracks that you have! Keep it up! @Andrew_Adams

1 Like

You deserve it @Andrew_Adams! Your songs are so well made, good job!

1 Like

I’m glad he won :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean, what can I say? I love your music. You have a distinct style that clearly sets you apart from the rest of the Auxy community. I love your use of major scales, which aren’t used too much with Auxy. I love your style. Also you’re a super great co-host. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My only feedback would be to work more on your singing so you’ll be able to drop pitch correction as well as work on your rhythm. All I Wanna Sing about is super catchy but the pitch correction/autotune is really distracting.

Great work!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Congrats @Andrew_Adams! You totally deserve it. I’ve always been a fan of your tracks. I remember when Auxy 5 came out, I was listening to some of your tracks and I couldn’t even tell if they were Auxy or not! I was surprised to see that they were! That’s awesome - it shows that you’re really good at mixing and tweaking sounds… like, really good at it. I applaud you on that. I love your progressive house-y sort of style. Your tracks have a lot of emotion in them (your BTC challenge shows that you’re really paying attention to it too (also I’m just a little sad because I forgot to publish my entry that I had finished for that one)). But seriously, keep up the good work. Now that I think about it, you even commented about the emotion in my track Together as One! You really are the emotion master here, aren’t you? All jokes aside, I’m a big fan of your work. Soaring is really cool, the upbeat chords sound really nice. Battlecry is really well structured and mixed. I love the drums and chords in that one. I love the emotional feels of Beneath the Sunset too. I’m a big fan of your stuff. Please keep it up. Hope you have a good week!

2 Likes

Congrats @Andrew_Adams! You are beyond deserving this! I’ve always been incredibly jealous of the way that you produce music with Auxy. It is really truly awesome. The way that you use the the different instruments together is amazing - everything you make flows so well!

Your sound design in auxy is great - like really great. I hope to be able to do stuff like that someday, its really incredible.

I would love an En Fuego remix contest btw. That would be awesome!

Great job, and keep it up!

3 Likes

Oh sweet I got picked! :grin::grin:

And thanks so much to all the people who have commented so far! Really appreciate the support. :+1:

5 Likes

@Andrew_Adams Eyy man, thanks for the like of my latest EP. Also, congrats on your selection! Hope you enjoy this week, mate!

1 Like

Going through your tracks atm. Man, I would love to hear you Piano BTC through a live recording if you could ever transcribe it to sheet music!

1 Like

Oh no! Where’s your winning tournament entry!?

All of you songs have an emotion that you capture which makes them really good and unique.

Journeys end is one of my favorites, I really love the use of the real instruments.

Tokyo bay is also one of my favorites because I have been to Tokyo, and your song really reminded me of that.

Battle cry is also awesome, I love the inspirational chords, and how the drop has so many different sounds.

1 Like

Congrats! I look forward to hearing more of your upcoming tracks!!

1 Like

All my tournament entries were private. :slightly_smiling_face: I may have deleted a couple because I needed upload space, but I can’t remember exactly which ones.

1 Like

One of the friendliest members of the forum! Congrats on the draw @Andrew_Adams

1 Like