Forum Member of the Week - 16: Hum4n01d

MoMoMoMoMoMo
Featured Auxy Artist #16: @Hum4n01d

Hum4n01d enjoys coding and making music with Auxy, Logic Pro X & GarageBand. He also appears to like strips of well-manicured hair located above the upper lip. His favourite artists include TheFatRat, Martin Garrix & Marshmello. But he’s not a fan of autotune featuring so prominently in modern music. Hum4n01d recently hosted a remix contest for his The Way collab with Toxic Caves. And he’s currently participating in the Third Auxy Tournament. Listen to his music here.

Week starting: 16 Apr, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.
  • If you want to be featured, remember to comment for others!

:soundcloud: Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hum4n01dmusic/tracks

:spotify: Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/hum4n01dmusic

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name.

10 Likes

Ayyee! @Hum4n01d congrats!

1 Like

Congrats! Will be able to give feedback tomorrow as it is the holidays :wink:

Wow! Congrats @Hum4n01d

1 Like

I like pluck, it starts off as a seemingly innocent chiptune/upbeat track and when the drums kick in it turns into an awesome funky song! I like the repetition that’s somehow really engaging. Good job!

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

CONGRATS :slight_smile: will give feedback later

The first bit of feedback im going to give is to vary your melodies and chord progressions a little bit.
Maybe also try using different instruments aswell to give a different layered sound. Try automation.
Vary your drum patterns.
Try to refrain from using the sweeper for high end, it can be really ugly to use sometimes and it just drowns out your high end, use some open high hats instead to fill up your high end mix.
Not sure if you use all of this for a reason, maybe its the style you are going for, I respect that, just sometimes keeping a melody or chord progression the same throughout a tracl can make it a little boring. :slight_smile:

hope this helped out!!!

~X

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t today lol I’ll do it v soon

1 Like

Major congratulations :+1: You’ve got several different unique styles going, and I’d say as far as listening to your music goes, the prose definitely outweigh the cons.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve generally used 4 bar chord progressions so that’s something I could improve on

1 Like

Variation is definitely something I’m aiming for, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

@Hum4n01d you were one of the first members of the community that I started listening to.

The Way - Amazing drums, and the chords are very nice. I remixed it, and I had the hardest time trying to come up with something different from the real drop because of how RIGHT it sounds. Its a great song!

Pluck - Awesome little melody loop at the beginning! Its very impressive that you made it with no sound packs! Awesome song, and again, the drums are great.

Grand - Great chords, awesome build up, and I love everything about the drop - especially the reverb from the hats!

Overall, your stuff is awesome, and you always bring your A-game. I do wish you would post a little more often, but oh well! Awesome job, and congrats!

1 Like

Congrats, dude! I’ll leave feedback when I get time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of time this week, but I think I’ll work it out to give some feedback :ok_hand:

@Hum4n01d is one of my fav producers here. I’m glad he got this. He’s a god at chords and melodies. He’s also really good at house. And I’ve got to say, The Way was awesome to remix. It had such a nice vibe, and I could perfectly make the sub drop. It was fun.

Also, your mustache is on fleek

1 Like

Thanks for making my day :blush:

1 Like

I just left some detailed feedback in a DM at your request, @Hum4n01d. Keep working hard! Happy FMOTW! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Rekt and the way are way legit man.

I’ll go through your tracks again tho.

1 Like

oof I’d prefer if you gave feedback on something I considered finished though :joy: (I was only able to give my tournament entry maybe 2 hours of work due to life)