Forum Member of the Week - 15: Produk

Produk
Featured Auxy Artist #15: @Produk :duck:
:duck:
Produk (Previously “Captain”) lives in Minnesoda USA and is a professor of Wubs. He’s well-known around these parts for his Future Bass & his extensive campaign against an important social issue: - excessive forum poll usage.

His popular track Singularity has 10k+ plays & he was a finalist in the Auxy Forum Awards (2017) for both Best Auxy Producer & Most Supportive Forum Member. His tracks have been featured by Auxy. He won a Unicorn for producing Auxy tutorial videos. And three more things: His self deprecating roast-me thread was highly entertaining. He’s engaged in a few Rap Battles. And he appears to prefer using one-word song titles.
:duck: :duck: :duck:

Week starting: 9 Apr, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.
  • If you want to be featured, remember to comment for others!

Check out the tracks here: :soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/produkmusic/tracks :duck:

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name. :duck:

10 Likes

Congrats! Yay! I get to listen to your songs xD

Ayy congrats. I’ll be sure to leave some feedback soon.

Congrats!!

Aye, aye,
c a p t a i n

2 Likes

Certified Professor of W U B S

Magnetism was the first ever song by an auxy producer that I listened to, and by faaaar one of the best. Gratz

3 Likes

This will be a good chance to make myself listen to your works as Produk and not your older works. I need to face the mighty wrath of the DukWub.

Another question, are you ever going to do another Beat The Duk challenge? I think they were a really cool idea that would hopefully inspire more people to make some awesome work in the future ^w^

Oooooohhhhhhh who lives is a pineapple under the sea. P-R-O-DUCK

3 Likes

Ah Produk, my oldest enemy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll provide feedback soon.

1 Like

So the Roast Me thread was for sure one of the funnest things on the forum. I congratulate on that, if nothing else. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Still proud of this picture:

I also greatly enjoyed our rap battle. We even teamed up to defeat Southborne at the end of that.

As for the songs, they ain’t so bad. But I just think the one word titles are too generic. Your actual music is good, but a bit limited by your strong opinions about how certain sounds should never be used. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think you should experiment a bit more.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Most people do tend to use one-word song titles~, however most of Produk’s early music was multi-worded ;3 Especially the legendary Headphones Advised. Still easily one of my favorite tracks.

1 Like

Produk is a pro.

He’s also a duck

Congrats,man!!! Feedback soon. ^-^

Congrats! Keep up the wonderful wubs

Ayyy just saw this! Thanks for all the feedback, bois!

4 Likes

Here’s some feedback on Distant Future (the album) and a few tracks after. Gonna do it here instead of spam commenting on SC. xD

Distant Future: Love that finger click in the intro. I think some more reverb on it would be cool though. Sweeeet drop, wubs are awesome as always. Great lead… is that Coin? Anyways, awesome track.

Don’t: Opening with another arp, and piano. This one’s got it’s own originality though. Great snare roll that comes in later. I personally think you could’ve used another lead instead of Hour. It’s a great lead, but I think it sounds a little whiny. Nothing personal, imo Hour always sounds whiny. :joy: (also sorry man, 666th play)

Magnetism: Nice little intro melody. Charge snare is great. Sounds a little empty at 0:32, think you need to stack the layers a little more there. Love the chords too, but I don’t think the wubs are necessary in this one. Other than that, I love this one. :wink: (trippy drop btw!)

Vision: Nice percussion! I think you overuse the arps as well as Hour in many of your songs, and it might be fun to expand your horizons a little? :sweat_smile: Power chords btw! Quite similar to Magnetism imo.

Memories: Probably one of your best songs to date. The emotional piano’s on point, honestly nothing I could tell you to improve on. Plucky wubs are amazing… the melodic percussion that comes in before the second drop adds a nice touch. 1,200th play!

Rest: My personal favorite. Anyone else love it when a-team/FB artists try a new genre? It’s usually one of their best tbh. This is a prime example. The percussion is perfect, and the chords are great. Gives a nice groovy feel, honestly. Love that June arp thing, I actually tried something just like that in a recent WIP.

Some of your other tracks: Burden is awesome, the melody is beautiful, and the chords are so powerful. Meteor was also pretty great-- nice use of the guitar! :guitar:

… as you can see I had a lot of time on my hands today lol. great job, keep up the awesomeness!

1 Like

Well… I don’t think any of us haven’t heard of u @Produk. Congrats! Your stuff is amazing always! Burden and Distant Future are my favorites. Your leads are so nice and you always bring amazing tunes to the table!

Ok ok ok hold up

A-team does not = future bass

Future Bass does not = a team

“A team” = auxy producer chat, not “entitled snowflakes team”

Just had to make that clear

heh sorry

maybe should’ve said a-team OR fb

1 Like

Probably ONE of the coolest names in the Auxy community. Wubs arent always my go to option but you usually do a great job with them. Your latest track urgency, I know it was a challenge but I don’t think your style suited dnb very well. Although it’s a good song. Just didn’t really fit. Personal favourite songs of yours:

U (feat two)
Dont
Nucleus.

I say your better at making more beautiful ful chill songs. Than hard songs. But it’s always good to experiment and to have variation.

Keep up he good work. If you s like individual song feedback let me know and I’ll be happy to do so

1 Like