Forum Member of the Week - 11: NotMiles

NotMilesBig
Featured Auxy Artist #11: @NotMiles

He’s from Chicago and a British citizen. He used to be called ‘Kilometers’ and made music using with the Figure app & by blowing hard into a trombone. Nowadays, he basically lives here in the Auxy Disco and makes Auxy music while the trombone gathers dust.

The upside-down ginger cat is named ‘Cooper’, apparently. Although the dangling be-spectacled feline could equally be called ‘NotMiles’. Of course, technically speaking: - WE. ARE. ALL. NOTMILES.
Unless your name happens to be ‘Miles’, in which case you are probably… ‘NotNotMiles’.

And guess who won the highly-coveted Auxy Star Wars Beat-The-Clock Challenge? Yep, NotMiles.

Week starting: 12 Mar, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.
  • If you want people to comment on your week, remember to comment for others!

Check out the tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/not_miles/tracks

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6yVH1gYXjg4IpARV7b1GTC

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name.

NotDogFood

18 Likes

giphy

18 Likes

Heh, I’m working on that…

5 Likes

Love your music, especially Venum and June :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks, man!

1 Like

Purrfect timing, too. I’ve got plenty of new things nearing completion.

3 Likes

Nothing I can say I haven’t already said. NotMiles is the champ, my favorite producer

2 Likes

@DHO thank you for all of this support! You’re the best!

2 Likes

14 Likes

Oh my goodness. It’s going to be a long week. hahahaha!

5 Likes

I keep meaning to like posts but then accidentally click the flag button ooops lol

1 Like

I’d be shocked if someone listened to all 58 of my songs

4 Likes

I accept that challenge

3 Likes

@NotMiles I love how much you break the norm with your tracks. All of the ambience and stuff makes your tracks really stand out! I really enjoy your style.

Also I was wondering if I could remix Catnip? I have some ideas if you’re ok with that.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I’ll dm you

2 Likes

Here’s my Spotify page, btw.

1 Like

Yes it is. I can’t wait to listen to NotMiles’s music. I for some reason never did. Then again i don’t listen to sc a lot >~<

3 Likes

Ok this may sound weird but can I please remix Sahara if you still have the project? >~<

2 Likes

Unique style on the forum, awesome transitions happening in elixirs. I suggest not using so many bass instruments at much, gets a bit much on the ears. But love your random transitions and cool changes in the middle of your drops

2 Likes

Your style really stands out! I’d really have to say that Elevation: -3600km, Quarantine Zone, and Sub-Glacial Laboratories are my favorites of your most recent tracks.

Very distorted and unique! However, I believe the unconventional, experimental use of some of your sounds, the fuzzy bass, and frequent dissonance should be balanced with bars that a listener can more easily follow along with.

Also, love the logo :slight_smile:

2 Likes