Forum Member of the Week - 08: Otzsil

Featured Auxy Artist #08: @Otzsil

50%20PM

Otzsil is based down-under in New Zealand, but speaks a bit of Japanese :jp:. He’s played drums all his life and says he often starts his tracks with :drum::oil_drum::drum:. His popular track Stratosphere (based on his winning entry in Beat the Clock #12) has currently got 18.8k views on Soundcloud. After hosting Beat The Clock #17 with a “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 12 bars Challenge”, he more recently contributed to the official Auxy 5 preview track, entitled ‘Next’. He also seems to enjoy MeeeeⓂ️eS.

Week starting: 19 Feb, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
    この曲は好きですか?
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.

Check out their tracks here: https://soundcloud.com/otzsil/tracks

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name.

Otzsil

20 Likes

I suppose this will be as good a time as any to actually listen to some new music xD Music I hadn’t heard before.

Let’s do this.

2 Likes

What suburb/city do you live in NZ?
Just wondering… :wink:

2 Likes

How the bleeping hell have I not heard this music before. This… I can’t even begin to describe. I… I seriously can’t.

I’m not usually a big fan of whatever this type of music is. Trap? Something? I don’t freaking care. I love it. Holy freaking shizzle.

I… literally have no words to say.

Well, maybe I do xD I love your BTC 9 entry, have you made a full song for it?

4 Likes

Otzsil, yesssss!!!

4 Likes

@MisterMaster this is awesome! cheers mate

5 Likes

Good job :+1:

Better off just to ask North Island or South Island.

1 Like

Had a scroll through. So short! So sweet! Nice detailed style.

Remember the Times takes its time, is melodic, percussive, and emotive all at the same time. Just wonderful. Your BTC’s tracks were smashing, but this was the first track I connected with moving down your SC.

I can see why Stratosphere is popular! Lots of detail. Never a dull moment. Must have been a lot of work.

My fave BTC was #25, for its sountracky qualities. I think it could keep on rising and rising into something beautiful, or even stay where it is.

Surely you must do more outside of Auxy. I’m curious to see more of your content.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your tracks! They had a nice sense of atmosphere, but also a very groovy rhythm and use. Secrets remix is well

Love the chill groovy vibe in BTC 23.
BTC 22 really fits the theme very well, nice job!
BTC 20 is really cool! It’s just…awesome. I don’t really have anything else to say about it…
and Long Summer Days is a nice bouncy and upbeat track!
Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I can tell you put a lot of work into each song! Super amazing, the songs don’t get dull or boring at all! I love all of them, I didn’t yet listen to the BTC entries but I will later for sure.

1 Like

I think I already liked all of your tracks, reposted 3… what should I do now?

1 Like

@MisterMaster I think something for the future would be for artists who are chosen to make a playlist of all their tracks that includes things such as collabs uploaded by other people. I almost completely forgot about the collabs that Otzsil has done xD

1 Like

Dude @Otzsil keep it up and you’ll definitely be famous one day.

1 Like

I like how you use your sounds, bending them outside of what everyone else does. The way you put everything together, and how everything comes together so perfectly is just amazing. I love all of your tracks!

1 Like

Ok. North island or South Island? :grin:

2 Likes

I live in the best city :wink:

1 Like

So Auckland? Lol jk

1 Like

That’s where you live right?

Yep :grin::+1:

1 Like