Forum Member of the Week - 04: Southborne

Featured Auxy Artist #04: @Southborne

SouthBorne is an Australian-based producer, who won Auxy Forum Awards for both Music Production and for supporting others in the forum last year. He hosted Auxy Beat The Clock with a harmoic minor challenge & specializes in “heavy beats and really chilled tracks”. He gigs, plays guitar and appreciates a good ginger beer.

Week starting: 22 Jan, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.

Check out their tracks in Soundcloud.

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name here.

4720_14720_14720_14720_1

19 Likes

Dang… Didn’t expect this! Cheers man

18 Likes

Eh, my fellow 'Strayan! I’ve had my eye on you since your winning BTC Star Wars entry. Looking forward to thoroughly going through your SC.

Also, ginger beer is the best.

5 Likes

I’ve heard a few of your tracks and so far they’re really good! Favorite is probably Even Louder you did with Ivo. I’ll be sure to give more of your songs a listen!

1 Like

he doesn’t make future bass regularly so he’s garbage

jkjk #satire

6 Likes

Did you hear “Night” and “careful whisper”? Obviously didnt listen to my account like mister master said. :laughing:

3 Likes

I liked half of your songs already. I need help!

2 Likes

Bro…you da man keep it up :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Bro your music is :fire: :sunglasses:

I’m pretty sure I’ve listened to Even Louder, Careful Whisper, and Late Hours >50 times lol.

4 Likes

Definitely one of my favorite artists—your heavy drops are made like none other! And it’s super cool how even though you’re really popular you still will comment on tracks made by people who hardly have any followers. That most supportive Auxy member was well deserved :+1:

7 Likes

Wow, feedback for Southborne? …Stay cool?!?

2 Likes

Hmmm, this is a bit difficult. Basically keep being awesome, make sure your sub basses dont get too loud, and keep making t h i c c w u b s.

Also late hours isn’t really Progressive House.

1 Like

Congrats to the boi @Southborne

2 Likes

Well…theres literally nothing to correct or try, cause everything is so good already. Keep It up @Southborne !

2 Likes

@Southborne I left you some comments.

1 Like

I bet he’s getting aggrovated at all the pings, lol

2 Likes

SouthBorne. Your music is sloppy and lacks imagination. I’ve prepared a list of areas for improvement below. Please respect music and make more effort with your tracks.

But seriously - your stuff is amazing. Careful Whisper is still one of my favourite all-time Auxy remixes. Totally love both the original classic and your version.

I’d already liked most of your recent tracks, so took this opportunity to listen to some of your older releases like Reasons from a year ago with the bounce, Radar (Dubstep) and Chasm (Deep House). Then I scrolled down further to the “Hip Drop” days & played the non-Auxy masterpiece “The Goaty” - WTF!?!?! :rofl::rofl::laughing:.

When I discovered Auxy and knew no-one, you clicked like on my tracks & left some comments - which was nice. And I know you do this for others. Thanks again for doing that.

It’s good to have you active in this forum.

12 Likes

Where are the areas of improvement?

South, you are a legend. Enough said.

4 Likes

SouthBorne, I’ve been listening to your stuff since you were Hip Drop and I have to say, you’re an awesome musician. My favorite song of yours is Regret. On top of that, you’re a cool dude!

1 Like