Forum Member of the Week - 03: ST3R30

There’s ginger ale and ginger beer. Ginger Ale is the non-achoholic carbonated stuff.

2 Likes

Here in the US, root beer is a soda, and ginger beer is the thing that tastes like crap and you use to make black russians (i think idk)

1 Like

There’s also Birch Beer on the east coast. Yes it’s actually a thing, and it’s similar to Root Beer but it’s a bit different. Not as universal but still popular enough. I’ve had it before, one of my dad’s coworkers brought some from a trip. It was pretty good xD

I FREAKIN LOVE BIRCH BEER.
Theres a soda company based in Ipswich (near Gloucester) that makes really nice birch beer. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

(for anyone wondering, birch beer is like root beer but sweeter)

1 Like

Like cream soda? I get a hankering for that sometimes

1 Like

Overall, I really like your songs. Sometimes though, the wubs get a little out of hand. It starts to become hard to listen to with wubs that “large”.

1 Like

creem soda is so good. I get it whenever I can, which is usually when there are those coke machines with every single flavor. only downside is that a&w’s cream soda is nasty :L

If anybody ever goes to Boston, look for soda that looks like this;

You will not regret it.

3 Likes

I have to admit I really like your style @ST3R30! I really dig your melodies and drops, and I pretty much enjoyed all the tracks I listened to; Solstice is my favorite.
The only thing I would recommend is using some automation on the drum patterns.
I also noticed that you’ve been uploading a lot of music lately. I hope that doesn’t affect the quality of your songs, but you can probably judge that best yourself.
Anyway, keep it up!

2 Likes

Hey there! Listening to Solstice right now…Pretty solid stuff dude! Maybe layering a little more could help, and perhaps not quite so repetitive, but other than that nice song! Keep it up :+1:

1 Like

Very, all over the place. Weird to listen to while making soundcloud banners, but it’s good to fall asleep to, (if you’re me) overall, very nice.

1 Like

I’ll check out your tracks ASAP @ST3R30. I have already listened to a few, and they were really good!

2 Likes

Alright, I took a listen to a few. The chord progressions are sooooo good :smiley:. Your tracks seemed…organised, because there wasn’t a lot going on, but not too little either. It helps with build-ups, because all you need to do is add on to what you have. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went through all your songs. Solstice is probably my favorite too. The one I have to say is it that all of your songs are verry repetitive imo. It feels like one instrument will playing the same loop the whole song and you repeat the same scene 2 or 3 times in a row. Try and keep adding variety as you work through your songs and I think you will be in very good shape!:grin:

2 Likes

Listened to a few of your songs, they’re pretty dank! I’m loving Solstice and Gamechanger. Could just be me, but I think you should add a little more bass to some of your songs. And in Promises, it would sound even awesomer if the lowpass was turned down a bit, IMO it was a bit punchy.

Really like your tracks, they have lots of potential! :wink:

3 Likes

I listened to a couple, maybe I’ll listen to some more. I really liked your tracks, and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Ahh. simply refreshing mate

wait wot i have never had ginger beer but i have indeed have ginger ale.

1 Like

Enjoyed checking out your tracks.

Strengths:

• Strong intros repeatedly drew me in. eg: melancholic (one of my fav tracks of yours).
  • Layering sounds well, so they don’t feel stock standard.
  • Automation effects used competently
  • Phat basslines
  • Drops are pretty good.
  • Interesting tracks that don’t all sound the same; some high energy, others chilled.

Suggestion:

• What you do sounds good, but I agree with some others that it sometimes gets repetitive. Good, but repetitive. eg: I notice people are commenting on the first half of your tracks more. Suggest you add more variations at the end of your composition process & avoid long stretches with the same sequence in any of your layers. If you fix that one thing, it would make a huge difference. eg: You did it well with Melancholic, which totally held my interest from start to end and which I’d listen to again.

Thanks for sharing your stuff with us!

7 Likes

I found @Mr_Mooo

2 Likes

The chilli cow

1 Like