Forum Member of the Week - 03: ST3R30

Featured Auxy Artist #03: @ST3R30 from Canada

02 PM

Week starting: 15 Jan, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.

Click now to open their Soundcloud.

Or check out their introduction to the forum.

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name here.

4470_1

6 Likes

ayy :smiley:

16 Likes

This shows me once again I need to start listening to SC music more >~< like seriously i’m only 2.25 songs in (I started from the first songs you made) and I’m in love and following already. It’s good!

The only thing i didn’t like was that Drape was a bit long. There was maybe a few highly-similar scenes that made the song feel a lot longer than it needed to be. Other than that, like omg seriously I love this!

3 Likes

ayy it’s u @ST3R30! I’m excited for u :grin: :smile:
Weill give feedback as soon as possible :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I has a question! Is you also https://soundcloud.com/garagebandguy https://soundcloud.com/thereturnofgaragebandguy ??? @ST3R30

3 Likes

Yeah those were my really old sc accounts from when I used GarageBand to make music

1 Like

cool! I’ll give those a listen too!

Just be warned that most of the songs on those are super bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a bad song c: trust me ^w^ every song has its own unique identity. Something special. Each has value.

3 Likes

Alright, finished listening through your works that you’ve posted onto your main account. I really like them. Some of the wubs weren’t my taste in the newer songs, but I loved all the retro-inspired songs you did! They were fantastic! I also am really digging Solstice as well ^w^ keep up the good work man, you’re bound to hit big soon if you keep up this good work

2 Likes

Overall your songs arent that bad. They have nice structure and flow well. You should work on your beats and wubs. As everybody who takes 5 months on making one song will tell you, quality over quantity. Spend more time editing the songs until they are perfect. The problem I have with your beats is they are very complicated. If a beat is simple, it is easier to groove out to. If your beat is so complex that a new listener cant follow it, thats a problem. Also, your wubs wub too much (if that makes sense lol). Chill out on the wubs, especially bass wubs.

2 Likes

w u b s
Agree with everything this man ^ said

2 Likes

Love your chords, tasty and smooth- like a good ginger beer. Would only suggest smoother transitions and simpler beats. Really great sounds though mate

6 Likes

I love your music man! Only thing I would suggest is to take more time for a song. This will allow your plays to increase for each individual song because 1: they are usually better, even if the quick version was good. 2: they allow time to be discovered without new music cluttering the feed.
I think you deserve the attention so you should definitely try to spend time to “perfect” a track and make it really stand out!

1 Like

Hopefully, most of us don’t know what that tastes like :laughing:

2 Likes

Haven’t you ever had ginger beer? Hmm… do Americans call it root beer?

2 Likes

Ginger beer and Root Beer are two different things (at least here in the US)

3 Likes

Regardless. Gb is very good

2 Likes

bump

Your chord progressions are pretty solid! :wink::call_me_hand:t2: I think the chords could of been 8 bars tho. Your drops are great! Very chill. Especially solstice. Keep up the good work. And your transitions are good aswell!

1 Like