Forum Member of the Week - 02: Phoenix!

Featured Auxy Artist #02: @Phoenix

Week starting: 8 Jan, 2018.

• Please listen to at least one of their tracks (or more)
  • Provide at least one Soundcloud comment / feedback about their music during their week.
  • Comment in this thread once you’ve provided any feedback.

Click now to open their Soundcloud and load their music into your brain.

If you want to be in the weekly draw add your name here

13 Likes

Lol I was just thinking about this earlier

5 Likes

I really love Fallen, and Cataclysm sounds like a track that could be in Geometery Dash. I really love the heavy feeling in all of your songs. One thing you should do is release longer tracks because we only are getting short one minute, almost previews.

5 Likes

Same bro! I thought “i really hope i’ll be the first member of the week”

4 Likes

I love gd

2 Likes

Me likely cataclysm

2 Likes

If you guys don’t mind would you mind giving me feedback on this ep

https://soundcloud.com/phoenix_volcano/sets/clarity-ep

Thanks

1 Like

Your music has progressed a lot! My favorite track was Clarity, which is very well made.

2 Likes

My week starts in 11 weeks

2 Likes

I liked a ton of your tracks, keep up the good work man!

1 Like

Clarity is like, really good.
The effects are great, like the pitch bend dollar snare, and the automation was crazy! The sweeper gives the snare a big impact, which I think it needs in a song like this. The drums really blend together, and I like how there’s always something going on with them.
In my opinion Night Faller is a bit too repetitive for my taste. Though that snare is pretty cool, and you get bonus points for using ocean.

5 Likes

Also does anyone one know what the orange envelope next to the title means?

3 Likes

Man there’s some good stuff here! I have no complaints @Phoenix. Great stuff. Keep going!

4 Likes

Nope.

same lol

Overall your songs are really good. I can tell that you’ve taken the time to perfect your leads and basses. One thing that I suggest you work on is the volume of your percussion and making it not as wild. In most of your songs the percussion is just a bit too loud so id turn that down a bit. Also dont make so many fills. Fills can be good but sometimes you go a little overboard with them. So just chill out and dont put in so many fills lmao.

Also I remember your music from when I first joined Variable and I can tell that you have progressed a lot over the months. :+1: !

1 Like

It means it is an “Official Warning”Capture

2 Likes

But why?

I just checked your account again, and I found your new EP. Clarity is so cool. The automation on it is fantastic. Night Fall is also really nice because it’s so chill, unlike your other songs. It’s a really nice song to listen to on repeat.

2 Likes

I wrote the thread as a PM initially, then made it public, which is why it shows the envelope icon. I don’t see the “warning” part myself.

But, let’s keep the focus on @Phoenix

5 Likes