Favourite production technique?

What is your favourite production technique that you use when producing music in Auxy?

3 Likes

Act like you don’t know what you are doing. Don’t go int a track thinking of are some legendary producer making a hit song. Go into your track expecting to experiment, focus on trying new things, and developing your techniques. This will help you focus on and create quality tracks. (At least this has helped me idk bout y’all ;p )

5 Likes

My technique is to make four bar loops, with end goal of having loop used in a live performance.
I use Ableton Live, so with Ableton Link, I can sync multiple sources up and record them as a live set.

4 Likes

I run Auxy directly into Ableton via IDAM, enable Link and record the output.

4 Likes

What’s IDAM?

1 Like

Yeah, what’s interesting is that I usually go into a project having some sort of idea Of a melody/chords for the track but then experimenting turns it into a totally different kind of song.

2 Likes
2 Likes

How do I do this?!
I had no idea this existed!
I’ve been doing it the old fashioned way!

Edit: never mind. I didn’t scroll down enough. Haha.

2 Likes

Yeah seems REALLY straight forward, plus, like @blakkaz says you set up Link, get the audio interface configured in a DAW like Live or Reason (both support Link) and you’re off to the heccin races.

3 Likes

Yasss!!!

2 Likes

usually i make the first drop then build an intro and build up, then take a small break to brainstorm (usually this is the time i release a teaser xP) then once i make the second drop and i polish up everything with some more detailed automation and drum variation in some parts, its ready to upload.

1 Like

m a g i c

nah, but i usually just do whatever i happen to be feeling or am inspired by at that moment and I’ll pick up on certain aspects and usually focus there and start. Maybe it’s some plucks or an arp or a drop style and things usually build around that.

1 Like

Life pro tip: write a melody or some chords with Noir (or any of the pianos [it works best with Noir tho]). Now raise it an octave. Then use pitch automation to bring it back to the original octave. Now the piano has a “washed out” sound {I think that’s what it’s called…}

Ta da

3 Likes

Here’s some more
Basses I like to use as leads:
Bee
Racer
Flamingo
Lake (cool electric piano-ish sound)

Basses I like to use for chords:
Monk
Pepper
Tiger