Eswyn - Virtual Friends [Chillstep]

It’s finally here! My new track Virtual Friends is finally finished! I’ve been working on it since early April, and I’ve finally gotten around to finishing it! I hope you all enjoy it - it’s my best track yet!

https://soundcloud.com/eswyn/virtual-friends

Thanks @Southborne for the early stage feedback back in April!

2 Likes

That’s a really nice track!
I usually hate Dubstep, but this is a jam!

The vocals could be arranged better though. It feels so awkward how the vocals are at the outro and no where else.
Plus, the vocals should be mixed better.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s not exactly dubstep, more like Chillstep (which I admit isn’t even really a genre) but some good examples are Let it Be or Spirit of Life by Blackmill. That’s where I got a lot of my inspiration. As for the vocals, they’re in the middle too. Those were mixed slightly better, but the ones at the end I was rushing to get the final mix together last night, because I was trying to on finish it for the last day of school. I’m definitely going to go back and re-mix the vocals later.
Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

That’s really cool, where did you get the vocals

1 Like

I had my friend over and we recorded them! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s so cool
Your friend is a great singer

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll let her know you said that!

1 Like

Yeah definitely hear the Blackmill influence here, not a bad thing.

Definitely unbury those vocals!

Excellent melodies, even though overall length is a tad long by my completely ADD standards you held my interest the whole time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll make sure to update the vocals soon! I’m glad you enjoyed it! I wasn’t paying much attention to length while writing it, so it just got kinda long (At least it’s not 8:35 like I made my track Mr. McScratchington). I put a lot of thought into this one so I’m glad people are liking it!

1 Like

hi um hello i dont think thats dubstep

1 Like

Haha.
I know.
I just meant that it’s a subgenre of Dubstep.

1 Like

Lol. To be honest, aside from Chillstep I really don’t know what to call this genre lol. I have inspiration from so many places that it’d be called something like Progressive Euro-lectronic Future Bass-step House. That’s it. I’m trademarking that.

Presenting the new genre: Progressive Euro-lectronic Future Bass-step House.

1 Like

D o w n t e m p o

1 Like

SOOO GOOD. Tweeted it

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks!