DX100 From Mars - Thoughts?

TBH, we have way too many retro packs now

15 Likes

They don’t really fit the genres I make, and some of them sound the same as other sounds, but they do sound nice though

6 Likes

I love the sounds & not to make this political, but I think it’s really not a good idea to name an instrument “lynch” with the history of that word here in the United States. I am turned off to that. Great sound pack otherwise, but there is a global audience using this app & naming it that to seem cool or edgy just doesn’t hit right.

EDIT: REFERS TO PERSON’S LAST NAME :white_heart:

5 Likes

Definitely way too many retro packs, but I actually like these sounds quite a bit.

9 Likes

Lenberg, Fredrik, if you’re listening, I personally admire your work you’re doing to keep us satisfied and push out new content. But personally, I feel that there should be a shift towards working fresh on the new update instead of giving us these sound packs, which have skewed heavily in favor of certain styles. Why not give us a powerful melodic sampler where we can import our own sounds, and versatile effects racks which we can plug into those sounds?

13 Likes

Since artists here on disco have been making these Soundpack “thoughts” pages I have mainly focused on coming up with a one liner, play on words, or joke to make about the soundpack. But Im not going to do that today… It seems like recently many Auxy Artists haven’t been in much favor with the sounds being released. However today I feel like this pack is a step in the right direction… and I feel I should speak up, rather than joke about it. I agree that most of the sounds recently have had more of a focused genre in mind… but this pack in particular can really help a lot of artists. Even thought it says its based from sounds of a classic FM synth… it doesn’t mean it has to primary be for genres like synth wave… which I feel is taking up the majority of tracks being made with Auxy presently. This pack provides a good amount of natural, raw soundings instruments, instead of a mixture of similar sounding leads, and pads. This pack provides a new horn… various organs (keep in mind these are the first Organs to be introduced) Clav, an additional piano, and a collection of mallets… all instruments that can be very useful for a wide array of genres.

In a nutshell… I really appreciate this pack. To be honest… I don’t know how much exactly I will use these sounds… but I do strongly believe this was a good choice on the developers end. So yeah… here’s lil old me speaking up haha

16 Likes

…ok so now you’re gonna do the dad joke, right?

3 Likes

Nah @iammane, maybe next time… This sound pack is too out of this world to be picked on

HA… gottem!

11 Likes

Attaboydad

1 Like

If we’re having this many retro packs, I would suggest to at least have another Disco dynamite drum pack, it would only make sense.

6 Likes

I agree with @INDIR3CT, there’s a lot of unique sounding instruments that we have in this pack and I know that there will be a lot of producers here who can experiment and get creative with how they can use these sounds

It might just be me but regardless of if we’re getting a lot of retro packs, I’ll definitely be using some of these in my tracks, better than not having a pack at all this month

5 Likes

https://app.auxy.co/projects/sJhD1Z6VtD_0DOfKcaemgw==

First try

1 Like

I WANT ULTRA-ELECTRONIC TECHNO.

If you cant do that, at least stop with the retro.

Time for the polls!
One warning: Be sure to vote on both!

How do you think this new sound pack is, DX100 From Mars?

• Bad
  • Good
  • Okay
  • No idea what to say

0 voters

• Bad
  • Good
  • Okay
  • No idea what to say

0 voters

I personally say it is okay.

FIVE PEOPLE FORGOT TO VOTE ON ONE OF THE POLLS. NOT JUST THAT, IT LOOKS LIKE SOME PEOPLE VOTED DIFFERENT STUFF ON THE POLLS, OR ONE PERSON WHO VOTED ON THE SECOND POLL FORGOT TO VOTE ON THE FIRST POLL. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS STEADY.Please.

i agree with all of this, especially with the new distortion and all those other new ways to shape the sounds, we can do a lot with these sounds which aren’t synthwave. i’m definitely gonna have a shot at making some future bass with this

4 Likes

I havent heard it yet, like the actual dx100? If so, some talented individuals could make some beautiful hent- anime music :D)

2 Likes

Samples From Mars are easily my favourite sample company. :black_heart:

This can only be a good thing for Auxy.

5 Likes

you mean i n s p i r a t i o n music

1 Like

It refers to the director David Lynch. :grimacing:

5 Likes
  • sigh of relief *
1 Like