Do you like mixing?

Well, I have this track that’s pretty fire (IMO) but I’m having some trouble getting it to sound right.

If one of yall could throw some of your mix skillz on it, I’d really appreciate it.

The song is pretty short, and simple. Free reign to change just about anything besides the melodies and stuff.

Interested?

2 Likes

Do you like mixing?

No.

4 Likes

Ok,

3 Likes

Do I like eating the meal? Yes.

Do I like shopping for the ingredients, getting the recipe ready, prepping the kitchen, preparing the food and cleaning up when I’m done?

No.

15 Likes

That was beautifully said

1 Like

no.

no.

yep!

2 Likes

I like to think of mixing as part of the compositional process, so in that respect, I do enjoy it.

The final stages (what equates to mastering in the traditional sense) can start to feel a little more like work, and given the choice, I’d always opt to have somebody else handle this.

Engineering can be a maths heavy topic, so I can understand why the predominantly right-brained amongst us might not enjoy it as much as others.

1 Like

@YeahMarcYeah, I’m thinking it might be better if you rewrite the thread title, so you get the kind of responses you were aiming for.

Everyone seems to be reading the headline, and not your main request. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(I’m in the same boat as you, and consider my mixing [and mastering] to be a bit of a limitation on my tracks. So, I’m keeping an eye on this thread to see who raises their hand.)

1 Like

LOL re-reading the post as well, yeah that is a serious clickbait title.

I wouldn’t mind taking a look. I don’t know what genre you’re doing, but I still have the sub for like ten more days or so.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of mixing in general, because it’s a pain when something doesn’t sound right. If you sent a project link or something I could take a look though.

Fr tho my sound tech course at uni ain’t for nothing. It’s pretty dope tbh so it’s chill

It would be interesting to hear multiple people mix the same track.

3 Likes

I mean… trying to mix in Auxy is, imho, atrocious and cumbersome. I don’t mind doing mixing when I’m using FL, mostly because it’s relatively intuitive and allows me to craft the sound I actually want.

I suppose if you really want, you could send it to me and I can see if I can do anything to it, but by no means will I be obligated to complete it.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about it

HA! I crack myself up y’all… alright ima go now.

9 Likes

cooking is fun wdym

3 Likes

Its the cleaning part I don’t like

2 Likes

Mixing is much more enjoyable when you can do it quickly and efficiently, you get to listen to your track evolve from a mud pile into a glistening beautiful crystal. One of the biggest gaps in mixing between Auxy and desktop DAWs is its mixing capability and the built in mastering. If you would like you could send me the stems and I’ll throw them into Ableton and see what I can pull off (Don’t expect professional level stuff but I’ll make it sound better than Auxy can). It really depends on the genre you’re trying to go for. However, it can be difficult to mix if you only have stems. Mainly because there is no way to edit the instrument or samples directly (eg if I wanted to change the timbre of a certain synth, I can’t change the wave type, I also cant remove pre-existing reverb and delay). If you own a desktop DAW, or even some IOS DAWs, I would suggest trying to learn mixing yourself. But either way, send some stems and I can see what I can do :slight_smile:

P.S. If you do end up wanting it mixed, it would be awesome to have it as an Ableton Live Set, this saves me having to import all audio tracks as they’re all there to begin with.

5 Likes

hey send me a link, i could take a crack at it perhaps