Dadmother - As If You Are Beside Me

This track has been finished and released for quite some time, but it was private for a decent bit of that time. I lost one of my closest and dearest friends to suicide in September 2015. For a long time after that, I had a hard time coping with the loss, and to this day have times where the pain is still alarmingly present. I wrote this piece as a means of accompaniment to the memories of the years of friendship we shared, and in some ways it served as the catalyst for feeling him in my life again. I feel like he deserves far more than this, more than anything I could really ever create, but creating this piece helped me to process a lot of pent-up difficult emotions I’d been feeling since I lost him, and I find a lot of solace in knowing I have something special that will always make me think of him.

Thank you for listening, and continue exploring and discovering new ways to express your creativity, challenge yourself, or just let out some feelings. I love the Auxy community, and am very thankful for the continued support that we show to each other.
https://soundcloud.com/dadmother/as-if-you-are-beside-me

6 Likes

Wow this is sounds so good!!
Also I’m sorry for your loss, music is definitely a good way for you too let out those bottled up emotions so what that being said keep on keepin on :relieved:

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

Sigur Ros vibes. You throw in a super delayed guitar and it’s instant Sigur Ros, along with some Hopelandic. Beautiful.

I’m sorry for your loss man. That’s really touching you named your son after him. Life is so short. Great work, also, one of the better piano based pieces I’ve heard out of the app.

2 Likes

Really great piece. I fortunately am lucky enough to not experience such loss, but I hope the best for you
:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, friend. I appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a huge Sigur Rós fan, so this is extra special to me. Thank you for the words, bud :heart:

1 Like

I appreciate the kindness, friend :slight_smile:

0 Likes