D R E A M - Indirect (lo-fi)(wubs)

Hi everyone!
I’ve been trying something new and I could totally use some help. I’ve never really attempted the loFi genre, so this is definitely a first.
I’m super happy with what I have so far, but I definitely need some help. Please take a listen and let me know what you think!
https://app.auxy.co/projects/1twWgRxVwUxaqkCMZjZ0bw==

4 Likes

I don’t have any ideas for change but that’s great. I like the triplet marimba stuff.

1 Like

really nice!

1 Like

Why do people use wubs as a tag

2 Likes

Turn down the lowpass on the drums and make it half. This already makes it sound way more like lo-fi.

In terms of story, I‘d go with 7 bars followed by a one bar drop, instead of 8-1 as you have it a lot right now… that way you tell a congestive story, rather then letting it seem constructed, u know?

Also I really enjoy the vibe, but it’s lacking versatility still - try to work on it using a buildup and some sort of chorus, I’d also consider changing the chords in between to make it more interesting and layering instruments more, playin with low and high pass to smoothen transitions…

Those percussion sounds are Nice, you could get a little more out of ’em in those tiny drops (in the 1 of your 7-1 scheme) and personally I’d pan the s*** our of them.

My 2 cents :stuck_out_tongue: hope that helps :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes