Converting Auxy Projects to .MP3 Files

Is there any way to get the project exported FROM auxy as an MP3 file? I know you could do audio but it exports it as a .mpa or something that isn’t MP3… I have to put it into Logic and convert it which takes a good amount of time- just wondering if I’m missing something :ok_hand:t2: Thanks

Use Audacity to convert it. Probably will be faster

Alternatively, you could upload to soundcloud as a private upload then rip it from SC with a mp3 downloader. I’ve done that so many times out of laziness and the fact that the iPod classic I use doesn’t work with m4a files so I have to have it all converted to mp3. Usually, I do this for a track so I can listen to it for some time before moving it into FL and stuff.

99.99% of the time this results in less quality. I also remember auxy already having an option for mp3?

There are some converters on the app store for mp3 if u need em

Auxy won’t export mp3 directly. The only DAW I’ve ever used that does is FLStudio (not sure about Live/Reaper, I know for sure Reason doesn’t). It’s due to licensing costs AFAIK.

Like Cornea said there are converters. A lot of them are ad supported. They look pretty janky so be careful. I recall seeing a Shortcuts (formerly Workflow) script/run book for it but don’t recall if I ever got it working :confused:

Try this app. Mind it does cost $1 (I think), but it converts literally anything.

1 Like

You probably grabbed it at a good time, looks like it’s subscription based now. Bear in mind they are shuttling your data to a server in the cloud and then spitting back your converted content to you - some people aren’t comfortable with that.

Otherwise seems ok :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Usually, I don’t go for quality when getting a simple render to listen to for the sake of determining what should sound like what, etc. etc.

Quality isn’t a concern at that point in the process at the very least. Usually, it’s more about convenience than anything else.

Just out of curiosity, why mp3 over m4a/mpa or whatever? They’re both space saving.

1 Like

When I work with other people, sometimes they can only work with MP3s or WAV files but when I export it from the “audio” option, it won’t download for them

@iammane

You can definitely export an uncompressed wave file. If you need mp3 for sure, you’ll need to use some kind of converter