[Contest] Auxy Winter Tournament 2K20! - Winners announced

LOL xD

2 Likes

How on earth do you make a solo with pads

4 Likes

Well, I would guess an extended chord section with a unique melody on top. That’s how I would approach it.

4 Likes

I would assume a pad solo would be inherently slower moving and a little more basic…I would think the challenge might be making an adequately composed intro and outro for such a solo with only 60 seconds.

1 Like

Gg @obexg!

1 Like

Would anyone who didn’t make it past the first round be interested in participating in the upcoming challenges in a separate forum thread? Not necessarily judged or anything, just as a fun follow-along exercise?

5 Likes

gg @Tolberto, your track was super unique and i liked it a lot! good luck in the rest of the tournament :slight_smile:

2 Likes

gg @LimeZ ! really liked your track tbh, i can enjoy some good sw music :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d actually be down to do that but I don’t know if I have the time to make something every new challenge, but I’ll try!

Thx dude, I wasn’t at the top of my game though.

I also liked yours as well!

1 Like

Your track was obviously great as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For anyone interested, I’ve created a separate thread for those of use who want to play along in future rounds:

7 Likes

Are the slashes an option?

Like can we choose either piano or guitar?

Or do we have to have a solo for both?

1 Like

An option, you can choose.

1 Like

Ok cool

1 Like

Hmmm, not sure if my solo is too basic. Is a solo defined by how non repetitive it is?

1 Like

Are we allowed to have supporting instruments in our solos, like a sub bass or something? Like a soli instead

2 Likes

I’m guessing so.

1 Like

Do you mean layers? Or just backing tracks?

Sort of, but not always. I would try not to repeat motifs too many times, and if you do, vary them.