[CONTEST] Auxy Winter Tournament 2K19! - FINAL ROUND! MR.A v Mr.S

You too! I loved your submission.

4 Likes

Started in 2018.

2 Likes

Thanks man, but you blew me out of the water dude yours was insane

2 Likes

Any chance we could get a single post of submissions for each round?

Keen to follow along, but I’m getting lost scrolling up and down…

5 Likes

what’s taking so long?

4 Likes

You both were too good

4 Likes

i got a 59 and still won, we both weren’t that good tbh (no offense @Xlimator i’m just basing it off of the ratings)

4 Likes

i still liked urs better than mine :joy:

4 Likes

Ah I see, lol.

2 Likes

@surf BIG OOF for me :). You did very good! I liked your entry.Good luck.Also I didn’t put any ambient so yeah :wink:. I shouldn’t put dance music there :joy:

6 Likes

I got 69 twice… ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6 Likes

Did something go wrong with the judging? I swear yours was so much better than mine

And gg

4 Likes

That as your biggest problem, actually. We couldn’t really give you that many point because judging in creativity, even though you could say it was creative for ambient, the lack thereof made us not really be able to score you high in that category. Same for all others.

5 Likes

time to see if i made it or not

1 Like

oh well i didnt lol. @Zeph GG! @ judges is there any specific things that made me lose that i could improve in my music in the future?

2 Likes

my creativity wasn’t that good tbh, i’ll definitely step it up in the next round tho

unless we have to make house music

4 Likes

Yeah I thought it was awesome!

But it definitely wasn’t a winter soundscape.

3 Likes

House can be creative!

3 Likes

Hey, all! Hugely sorry for the big delay in getting results out. As you know, we’ve been recovering from flu and pneumonia so there was a bit of a delay.

The Challenge

Last round, I noticed a lot of entries had really bland or overused chord progressions. Not all the entries, but there were a lot of entries that could have been great and were really let down by the chords. This round, I’d like everybody make use of chromatic mode to spice up your chord progressions. I recommend you spend some time really studying chord and harmony if you haven’t already. We’d like to hear at least eight different chords.

All tracks must be one minute or under. We’ve kind of exhausted our winter theme at this point, but I nonetheless encourage you to channel your inner winter in the compositional aspect.

The submissions are due by Saturday, February 25th, 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Post a SoundCloud link here. We will not accept private messages/private links.

The Competitors:

@MR_ANDERSON vs @Zeph
@Tolberto vs @crystldawnmusic
@Insolidarity vs @MrSerpent
@bedlegs vs @surf

14 Likes

DOMINANT 7TH TIME BABY LET’S GO

(yes this is a complete sentence discourse!)

4 Likes