[CONTEST] Auxy Winter Tournament 2K19! - FINAL ROUND! MR.A v Mr.S

There needs to a focus on sound design, creating an enviroment. Not doing build ups to heavy drops. Look up inspiration if you need to.

2 Likes

ok thanks

to add onto that @Tolberto it’s also about the “atmosphere” really and how you can capture the listener. I guess in a way it’s like how trance music can get people lost in the music with the simple, repetitive bass-lines and often lots of reverb and delays to fill out space.
Could potentially link something, but i think u get the idea anyway (plus im in class and shouldn’t be here lol)

1 Like

can we sample?

thancc

Depends what the sample is.

@DHO Can I put a sample with awesome countdown voice and a crowd effect?

1 Like

That would be okay. Just no sampled musical/percussive phrases.

1 Like

Ok.Thank you so much @DHO

@surf Where you at bro? :slight_smile:

Good luck @Insolidarity :+1:t3:

1 Like

What do you mean by sound design in the context of auxy? Using automation?

I’d just assume it’s how you use the parameters to shape your sound, but there could be another meaning that I’m missing. @Tolberto

There probably is

Lol ok then

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/dj-xlimator/auxy-winter-tournament-2

That was very fun again! I enjoy these tournament more and more! You give good challenges @DHO

I hope you’ll do well @surf :wink:

2 Likes

thanks man, i liked your entry!

1 Like

Thanks! Though I have help. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

well i am crap at ambient so rip me

2 Likes

This competition is very unfair because of artist and their musical capabilities. Also the judges are only human so they will have a bias opinion on music. Even if they like all types of music, they have favorites. And if you’ve made a name for yourself, you’re most likely going to get very far. I’d like to see a small artist win because it would surprise people and probably make some artist angry. If you make all parties mad or get them surprised, you’re doing something right!

1 Like