[Contest] Auxy Summer Tournament 2K19 - Winners announced

Hi, everybody! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: DHO back in the house and just in time for another Auxy Tournament! This time with co-hosts, @stereofield and @BobTheGUYYYYY.

How it Works

So, as stated in the previous tournament: Players 1-4 are in the tournament. Player 1 ends up against Player 2, and 3 against 4. If Player 1 beats 2, and Player 4 beats 3, then the two winners (1 and 4) will compete.

In this instance, however, there are 32 players.

Judging

You will be judged out of ten points in the following categories:

Creativity - How unique is the song compared to other Auxy tracks? It’s good to have a balance. Sure you can randomly place notes and make automation, and, although it may be different, it’s not necessarily pleasing to listen to.

Composition - How good is the actual composition, when you take out all the automation etc.?

Accuracy: How much you stuck to the challenge’s rules.

Execution: How well did you execute all the ideas you tried to pull off? How is the instrument choice? Mixing?

Challenges

After running several season based tournaments, I feel we’ve exhausted our season themed challenges. This time around, challenges will specifically test your skills in each area of producing.

A few rules: If you wish to use any samples, please check with judges first. Individual hits are generally okay but please no sampled phrases. Work should be predominately completed in Auxy. Additionally, this time around there will be no extensions for late entries. The deadlines will not be extended and you will be disqualified if you do not meet the deadline.

Prizes

The two finalists will get a :unicorn: to display next to your username. There will also be a repost for the winning track given by the Auxy Collective.

Always next time

Running tournaments is sort of a hobby of mine, so if you can’t enter this time around, it’s not too late. There will be a seventh Auxy Tournament.

https://challonge.com/auxy

Good luck all! We will post the first challenge as soon as soon as we can after the tournament fills up.

20 Likes

Yay I’m early

Hopefully I registered in time

3 Likes

Yay I’m in not that I’m gonna win this but it’s still fun

4 Likes

Can I get clarification on the rules?

Would this workflow be allowed:

1. Make some loops in Nanostudio 2.
  2. Arrange them in Auxy.
  3. Export and mix in AUM.
  4. Profit.
5 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes

No, it should be 100% Auxy.

2 Likes

Also no samples like coin sounds?

2 Likes

Cheers.
So no external samples, but Auxy factory samples are OK?

3 Likes

When will the challenge thing update? Also did my signup go through?

1 Like

Did mine go through as well?

2 Likes

oh hecc ye these are back.

2 Likes

I’m not really using Auxy anymore, but I’m excited to see how this turns out. Good luck to the participants!

Edit: I’m signing up anyway because I’m just that cool :sunglasses:

10 Likes

yesssss

3 Likes

Last tournament, we had to get the samples approved by the judges

5 Likes

Yes. You can use certain external samples but you have to check with us first, you can sample individual drum hits for example, but no phrases.

3 Likes

@Vepium @JacobJustus I got them. :+1:

1 Like

Coin sounds should be okay, but just send us any sample to clarify.

1 Like

Awesome!

2 Likes

Debating if i should even enter this time, all things considered. not sure if my entry would be better spent on someone else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

You should never stop trying

8 Likes