Can Auxy Toms sound like this?

The Tom roll around 18 seconds into this song

I’d say they kind of have that Phil Collins dry sound?

I’ve been trying to get this sound for a while. If someone could help, I’d really appreciate it :slight_smile:

There’s a bajillion toms across the packs. Pretty sure there’s some gated tomes in there.
Add a little reverb.

You might need to take the closest one, then use pitch automation.

Browse by category, then start looking in the Leviathan 2 pack.

You can also use imported toms to do the trick, I have tons of samples from a bunch of drum machines that I could share here

The ones from the New Disco Dynamite pack work well for me if you twiddle the settings around

2 Likes

Nu Disco Dynamite, right?

Y…yes…?

2 Likes

When I say new or nu, they exactly sound the same.

Oh I love this song so much…

I think the best way to achieve toms like that is to probably later two toms together: one from leviathan 2 that has a lot of low end, and that you can pitch down a bit, and the other from nu disco dynamite that you would also pitch down slightly to get that top end “doosh” sound. Finding and importing a sample would probably be easier, but that’s my thoughts if you wanted to try it using exclusively drum packs in Auxy.

1 Like

Thanks!

But there aren’t really any Toms under Nu Disco.
There are like 2 or 3 under percussion.

Do you mean Neurofunk?

Are you a big Washed Out fan too?

But there aren’t really any Toms under Nu Disco.

There are like 2 or 3 under percussion. And those don’t sound that great, :laughing:

Do you mean Neurofunk?

Yeah I think I was referring to the ones under percussion in nu disco dynamite. I think if you pitch them down a couple of tones they could work. The other samples that I’m thinking of now are the toms from the 808 from mars pack. I think they’re under the percussion section if I’m not mistaken, and they might work in a similar way. Also, there’s a greater selection of toms in that 808 pack.

1 Like

Yeah! I had just checked out those from Mars ones and they sound pretty close.

1 Like

ive always wanted to use toms in some of my songs but I can NEVER find the right one :pensive:

1 Like

The 909 From Mars toms are soooo good

2 Likes

Yeah!

1 Like

I know, right??

1 Like