Bluetooth Speaker recommendations?

Looking to purchase a new Bluetooth speaker for use with Auxy when on the go. I have been using a Jawbone mini-jambox, but need something new. Any recommendations? I hear a lot of people saying Bose soundlink, but I’m looking for something that doesn’t have such an exaggerated base, nice flat response. Has anyone tried the soundbucket?

I personally use a jbl speaker

1 Like

I use a Klipsch Groove. Its in mono tho you need to pair 2.

1 Like

Clip?

I have a JBL Charge 3. It’s four years old at this point, but it’s still basically everything I’d want a speaker to be and is probably one of my best purchases. The bass is a little exaggerated, but I think most Bluetooth speakers are like that. The Soundbucket is an Altec product, and I’ve never been super impressed with their sound quality whenever I’ve used them. Anything from UE is usually good, like the Boom 3 or Wonderboom. The Bose Soundlink Color II is obviously a Bose product, but I just used one and I didn’t really hear too much of an exaggerated base. I’m sure that “audiophile” audio brands have good balance on their BT speakers, but I’ve never used one so I couldn’t speak to that.

1 Like

If by clip you mean the small one with the clip yes, and if you’re asking if the audio clips, no, but I’m assuming you meant the first one.

1 Like

I’m leaning towards the B&O Play A1, Dynamic range seems pretty good, and one benefit is it comes with an app where you can EQ the output, so customizable. MiniRig 3 sounds pretty good, better price, it also has an app where you can adjust EQ,

1 Like

One thing that I have learned using Auxy the past few years (since I often am working in environments other than my studio), that if you can make the mix sound pretty good and clear on a decent small speaker, the odds are pretty good it’s going to sound alright and much better when you start listening on proper monitors. The only thing you have to watch out for is the bass level, especially sub, but I’ve kind of learned to compensate for that.

There’s also something to be said for making sure the mix sounds OK on small speakers, because that’s how so many people are gonna be listening to it. I’ve mastered stuff at Bernie Grundman, and even there we check the mix is on a boombox when near the final stage…

1 Like