Auxy with external synth?

Anyone use Auxy with an external synth?
I’m still pretty new to this, but basically, I would like to use Auxy as a sequencer, and then tweak or change the sounds, more than you can with the included automation. Has anyone done this?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, although I do think there is an option to export a sample file created on auxy into ableton or FL (or any other software you use)

I’m guessing you should first render the project and go to the export box and there might be an option to export it as a file or sample…

1 Like

Yeah, I have done that in Logic. But I would like something to adjust the sounds while I’m using it, instead of after.

That’s a negatory. Auxy doesn’t currently support Audiobus, AUv3, midi out to other apps etc.

Some sort of native synth would be great.

4 Likes

Wow. What a bummer. So if I want to use external synths, I will need to learn how to use a completely new sequencer?
I really love how visual Auxy is, I don’t know how people use sequencers with no visual feedback. Any suggestions on hardware sequencers that would be closest to Auxy?

I mean you could write a tune in Auxy and export a midi file and run it though your DAW of choice to control your synth, but live Auxy to external synth is sadly not possible at the moment.

3 Likes

I do that all the time.
It’s the main reason I use Auxy.

1 Like

Yeah, I do that with Logic, but I want to be able to adjust the sound live. I want to tweak the sound while I’m tweaking the sequencing.
Oh well, just another reason to get into hardware synth. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve pushed out mixed stems and MIDI before, but only really used exported MIDI on a single (older) sketch piece.
It ended up as a mixture of Auxy stems, beat stems from the DM1 app, an arp stem from Fugue Machine app and a lead line using sounds via Ableton Live, based on MIDI exported from Auxy.

Not live, just brought together in Ableton.

There’s no hardware that has the same workflow as Auxy that I know of. Maybe a Novation Circuit but I think you might end up feeling limited by two synth parts and I think 8 drum parts? This thing is ONLY visual though, no screen lol. I would imagine there’s a bit of a learning curve.

Desktop software can and will do what you’re looking to do but you mentioned you already use Logic so you know that already :slight_smile: I honestly don’t know of any other software that is as clear and speedy as Auxy but at the level you’re looking for… I suspect there’s a market for such a thing (a breeze on the surface but very deep when/if you need it)

3 Likes

Mobile is becoming increasingly credible as a music production environment, so it would make sense for Auxy to enter that space – a breeze on the surface but very deep when/if you need it – before someone else does, pushing Auxy even further down the chart.

Some power options could really expand the appeal and extend the shelf-life amongst developing musicians (while offering some stiffer competition to certain other mobile apps).

2 Likes

I have a Hardware synth, plus my dad builds modular synths as a hobby. It’s pretty fun, and the sound you get out of them is really nice.

1 Like

What have you got?

1 Like

I’ve got an OB-6, it’s a collaboration machine between Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim. 6 oscillator, rich sound, and it’s fun to play around with. I’m having technical difficulties with my external audio interface right now though, so I’m unable to record off of it into my daw at the moment… but I’m working on it. I’ll be using it in my tracks when I get the recording working.

2 Likes

Nice.

I have a bunch of Volcas and a Minilogue, plus a bunch of good pedals (and a couple of midi keyboard controllers)… though I rarely use any of them, but plan to, at some point.

When I get into using the hardware, I plan to scoop up a few Moog bits, likely a Mother 32, Minitaur and maybe a Subsequent 37 as a real treat.

1 Like

Ah yes. I have a Mother 32 as well.

1 Like

If any of you still have the original Auxy Creator Studio app, which they took off the app store unfortunately, that features external MIDI support. It seems as if it was dropped from the newer versions because it wasn’t used enough by people when it was there. Then again, most people probably didn’t even know it was a feature. I don’t really know how well it works, either.

1 Like

It actually had live midi export? If you’re talking about midi file export, that’s still a thing now.

3 Likes

See this would be an insane feature to bring back, especially if it would route core midi to other apps. The built in sounds are great, but being able to drive multiple apps at the same time? Whammo!

3 Likes