Auxy Winter Tournament 2K19! follow-along

Hi all! This thread is for anyone who wants to play along with the Auxy Winter Tournament 2K19 . Some of us lost our bracket, others didn’t get a chance to join originally.

I’ll repost the challenges from the contest thread, but there’s no commitment or obligation to participate.

(Mods, I had no idea which category was best for this. Please relocate if necessary :slight_smile: )

Current Challenge

"Greetings fellow Auxians! It’s your mystery guest judge friend here, and I’m really excited for the challenge I’m going to give you all this week. I would like you all to express a certain mood in 60 SECONDS OR LESS, by providing an emotional solo in your track. What mood, you may ask? You have three options:

1. A romantic track featuring a piano/guitar solo
  2. A lonely track featuring a pad/strings solo
  3. A jazzy track featuring a brass/synth solo

Choose wisely my friends, and good luck! I look forward to hearing all of your entries.

The submissions are due by Tuesday, January 21st, 9:00 PM Pacific Time. There are no exceptions. Post a SoundCloud link here. We will not accept private messages/private links.
"

12 Likes

Is no one doin this?

3 Likes

Would love to do it, but i had no time last week…

1 Like

I’ll probably try to make something tomorrow

1 Like

I got sidetracked with another project / work / life this week. I’ll almost certainly not have something in time for this round, but should be clear for the next round :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have the time for challenge too, but I’ll try to make something for next round :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Does it have to be SoundCloud?

1 Like

Nope. The actual tournament requires SoundCloud, but this is just for fun so anything will work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright!

New challenge:

The Challenge

This time, we have very special mystery guest judge. :wink:You’ve been challenged to make a groovy beat. The focus should be on the groove, so we’re looking for something in 8-16 bars.

1 Like

Ahhh that sounds fun! I have yet to write a really solid groove, but 8-16 bars certainly fits nicely in my available free time :smiley:

2 Likes

I LOST DARN DARN DARN DARN DAAARN! ugh

It’s all good, welcome to the cool-kids club :smiley:

Groove challenge completed :slight_smile:

Not as funky as I originally envisioned, but I can still bop my head to it…

Theme of Mikey, the lounge rat

2 Likes

https://app.auxy.co/projects/Rh_iBkM651VaR-E2Yrj7Dg==

I think this is groovy? Idk but I tried😉

3 Likes

The semi-final challenge is here!

60bpm or 300bpm, build and drop, 32 seconds max. It can’t be a soft gentle drop either, this has to go HARD. 8 bars if 60bpm, 40 bars if 300bpm. Each comes out to 32 seconds."

The submissions are due by Saturday, February 15th, 9:00 PM Pacific Time.

5 Likes

I wanna hear some dang ol’ tracks :headphones:

2 Likes

I’m having such a miserable time trying to build anything suitably epic. I’ll have something to share by Saturday, I swear…

Hey man, we’ve all got other things we’re doing! I was just excited to hear some tracks from other folks in the tournament. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not what I was trying to make (or even what I was trying to emulate), but I said I’d share what I had so far so here it is…

https://soundcloud.com/millwardesque/winter-tournament-ro4-drop

2 Likes