Auxy Steel Drums

Anyone find any sort of sample in the drum packs anywhere for steel/ Caribbean drums? I know melodic percussions get that sound but it’s not entirely “deep” enough sound wise- just curious if anyone knows if there’s any more hidden in the packs!

Sound example:

2 Likes

I hate it when you fall asleep at a party and someone draws on your face…

14 Likes

I’d wager some sounds hidden away in Superfluidity, Neurofunk and Crate Diggers could match what you’re asking for, but as I myself am usually too terrified to go sample digging in Auxy I couldn’t tell you xD

4 Likes

Steel drums are a melodic percussion instrument in the vein of marimbas or vibraphones. As a melodic instrument, it wouldn’t make sense for them to be found in any of the drum packs.

I’ve been looking for some steel drums myself, but I think Glare with some other sounds layered would be a good starting point.

1 Like

True, but those packs in general have some really wacky percussion sounds in general. Aside from that, your best bet would be to import some loops or samples.

That’s what I did- ended up getting a good remix of the song above for a rappper in France and it turned out great people like it over there!

1 Like