Auxy on computer?

Hey everyone.
I was watching the Avicii documentary and I saw him using fl studio on his computer and I thought what if Auxy was on computer. I would be able to work on my projects at school without getting my phone taken off me or when it runs out of charge. I searched it up and it said it was only for iOS devices, so @lenberg can you please please please make it so I could use it on my computer.
Thanks, AViO

6 Likes

It’d defeat the purpose of “mobile” studio unfortunately, but it would be nice to have a small “operation” center through a computer for Auxy produced songs.

12 Likes

I agree, auxy for computer should probably be for mastering

4 Likes

I agree to disagree, it would be very helpful to have it on a computer but at the same time they would be voiding the fact that it is meant for Mobile. It would be awesome if they developed another version of Auxy that is compatible on both the current version of Auxy and to mobile(IOS and Android devices) and Computers. With it being on both platforms, it would be a lot easier to share and link projects and tracks to a cloud of some sort… It has also come to my attention that it would be very useful if there was a way to integrate the Forum into the actual App itself (it would alleviate the constant jumping back and forth from internet browser to Auxy) and also keep the website up for new users that do not have the app and don’t know what Auxy is about… Just some of my 2 cents…

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think you should’ve writen this topic. Said it way better than me.

1 Like

This is a topic that comes up fairly regularly.

Afaik, it’s highly unlikely that Auxy will develop a proper desktop version.

However, Apple are already working on enabling iOS apps to work on Mac OS.
Rumours say that it’ll be possible in a Mac OS updater later in 2018.

What do you consider to be the ‘purpose’ of mobile(-only) music, compared to the purpose of music made other ways?

It’s not innately better or more noble to use mobile. It’s certainly not better or more noble to only allow it on mobile, when the alternative might be to have it on all platforms and let users pick whichever suits them best.

Mobile is certainly more convenient in certain circumstances.

it would be nice to have a small “operation” center through a computer for Auxy produced songs

What do you mean by that?

2 Likes

Opening a browser window within an app is actually quite simple in mobile OSes. The key deciding factor would be whether Lenberg wanted to keep the app 100% on music production, etc…, rather than discussion.

3 Likes

It’s my understanding that Project Marzipan will unify UIKit (iOS) and AppKit (Mac) into a single framework, making it easier build multiple apps from a single codebase, but won’t necessarily mean that mobile apps will be able to run on desktop.

3 Likes

Hey man no problem, thank you!

1 Like

I only skimmed the subject a while back, so you may be correct.
But, I definitely recall it being spoken about in the (added) context of iOS apps running on Mac OS, mainly to beef up the number of apps available to Mac OS users.

I think it may be a move towards universal apps, rather than simply flattening the curve a little.

e.g.…

3 Likes

It may be simple and I also understand the fact that it is solely for music production but who is to say what you can and cant add in or have an idea for. For instance most people use cars to get to point A to point B, but we have luxuries that come with the car like a radio, A/C, and power steering(cant say the same for most cars) now what about Auxy… its just an idea, a thought, and/or suggestion.

1 Like

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, Quite to opposite.
I wasn’t sure if you knew how (technically) easy is was to support in-app.
So, as feature requests go, it would be a relatively simple one to add. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No its all good, I completely understand :smiley::call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

Yeah, I think everyone here could take a computer version of Auxy, but then again, the whole uniqueness and personality of the software is based upon the fact that it is mobile.

1 Like

The fact that it’s mobile is not a unique factor. There’s plenty of mobile music making apps out there.
Their unique factor is their UX/UI and workflow.

3 Likes

That’s true. I didn’t word that right.

A couple things:

If you’re asking about running Auxy on a PC, you’re most likely out of luck. However, if you’re talking about Auxy on a mac, it’s not out of the question. It’s actually more probable for Auxy to come to Mac OS than to come to Android, atleast for the foreseeable future.

The main thing would be to try preserve the current workflow of Auxy when porting it to a desktop OS, as well the fact that the small team of two developers would now need to support Mac OS bugs as well as iOS bugs.

With that said, I wouldn’t expect Auxy to come to any desktop OS anytime soon, as there are still a lot of things that need to be ironed out in the mobile version before expansion should even be considered.

1 Like

Laptops are mobile computers, right?

There you go! Auxy on computer, while still staying mobile!

2 Likes

Don’t think this helps.

1 Like