Auxy Jam - An Updated Version of Our Classic iPad App

Will the universal Auxy ever be updated to allow midi out? I have an akai mini that I’d love to start using with this app

2 Likes

I love Auxy & I have NOT YET used Auxy Jam, but will be as a form of support to the business. This is a comment about how important MIDI export (which is noted as removed in the app description) & Project export to Auxy Jam on other devices and Auxy Studio on the same or other devices is (both of which I do not know availability of). I describe below why this is very important for customer conversion. I’m 23 and am putting myself in younger shoes to express what could benefit the app and Auxy brand. All constructive. Do what ya’ll think is best. :heart:

I have thoughts about the removal of MIDI out. Can I still export my project in any way? Can I export my project loops from Jam to Studio? Say i’m a student and I create really lit melodies. Don’t tell me I could only share the audio with myself via email and never work on the actual track again. I understand your intended audience, but if the intended audience is chillin at a school with wifi making tracks that happen to come out nicely they would have to recreate loops manually by taking screenshots of their piano roll and logging the notes into another DAW and there’s no guarantee it would be Auxy Studio. If i’m a kid at a school where we’re using Auxy Jam and I could easily export projects that could be expanded upon in Auxy Studio I would email myself all the projects because the school has provided a wonderful app, but they are not keeping my original work. In the same vein they could provide a computer for us to write essays on, but they still don’t own the original creative essays I write. Then knowing I could work on my projects with tons of sounds & more flexibility i’d likely proceed to ask my parents to pay for a subscription for me to use at home. If they say no, i’d keep my project files until I could get a prepaid card to put my allowance on and pay for it myself. Keep conversion in mind and add advanced export options. Not everyone may care, but you could make lifelong subscribers on Auxy Studio from those that do care. If I know I can never make more of the projects in Jam by expanding upon them in Auxy Studio or other DAWs i’ll save my good melodies for when I get home or jump straight to a competing app available to me. Schools have computers with other apps. Kids are getting more talented and more advanced younger. Keep a path very open because even kids identify with promises of growth versus toys. Apple sells iPods knowing that one day the same kid is gonna buy a Mac. Do not sabotage any process of evolution to your potential customers who don’t have money right now, but will.

I hope my feedback is valuable. :star2:

7 Likes

or by MIDI out did you mean out from Keyboard into Auxy? I was under the impression that there is no midi export FROM Auxy OUT to other apps.

Yeah this is kind of confusing. You can export a midi file out of Auxy, no you cannot play the instruments in Auxy with a midi keyboard. No you cannot control external apps or hardware from Auxy.

1 Like

Okay here is the OG program. Similar to Auxy Jam. Just different instruments. (;

1 Like

Thank you so much for this Auxy!

I noticed that scrolling along the back of the piano roll now just takes one finger, like in the main Auxy, this is much easier :smile:

@GR3Y i wanted to answer this from the other topic, that one’s closed so I’ll answer here - I have the old app and just got this one too (it’s more suited to where I’m at in making music :blush:)

I think this app might not fit the need of doing work on current projects in the main Auxy app. Here are some of the differences when it comes to that:

• you record songs live by tapping on loops (rather than arranging them by scenes in the regular Auxy)

• the selection of both sounds and effects is a lot smaller – it will probably not have most of the sounds from your current Auxy projects, and you might have seen in the screenshots, there are only 3 knobs for each instrument

• and you can only have max 4 instruments in one project (one of which can only be from the drum kits, one of which can only be from the basses, and the other two can only be from the leads/pads/plucks and keys)

I would say this app is probably more suited for when you’re stuck on ideas. Hope this helps

4 Likes

cool! yeah, naming it auxy pro would be cool. auxy pro, auxy advanced, auxy+, big boi auxy, idc.

2 Likes

same

What is confusing? Auxy Jam is a simple app for making some music. Not connecting MIDI keyboard or exporting MIDI to other apps. There are plenty of DAWs for this so we don’t want to complicate the app with a lot of features that the intended audience won’t use.

3 Likes

okay maybe forget midi export to other apps, but what about project export of loops without scenes to your own app: Auxy Studio?? Where you could get a one time Auxy Jam app purchaser to be a lifelong subscriber of Auxy studio. With no iCloud backup or project backup the Auxy Jam projects stay inside a sandbox where if the iPad breaks- goodbye all projects unless you had a full iPad backup of the entire device. I know what creative kids want because I was a creative kid not long ago. I was 13 around the release of the 1st iPad in 8th grade and everyone said get a Mac, iPad is useless. iPad was limited in ability to grow a project. The kids then were competitive and creative as they are now, conquering TikTok. Kids love simplicity and limitation, but not permanent restrictive limitations that will stop their seed of an idea from growing into a billboard charting hit. Whether that is in their imagination or has basis in reality. If it constricts their imagination to know 100% their creative efforts are not being put in a place with potential to grow them into someone like their fave artist, they may put their energy elsewhere.

2 Likes

idea to simplify my other response

no midi export from Auxy Jam
no project export to send out solo either

BUT in Auxy Jam if the iPad detects Auxy Studio on the same iPad or Apple ID account (so that iPhones will not be excluded) add an “Open in Auxy Studio” option and there in that more advanced app we have our midi export and project export options so Auxy Jam stays super simple!

Being that many Auxy Jam sounds are only on Subscription Auxy Studio I will need to subscribe to tweak my sounds. Sounds like a new CU$TOMER. It’s not bad. It’s business and there is MAJOR VALUE in your product. Please make upgrading easy for anyone that gets close to your brand!

2 Likes

Ya’ll put so much passion, love, energy, and attention into your products and it really shows. Ya’ll are always excited to show us new releases and we sometimes come back with judgement right away. I hope you know regardless of the constructive criticism we really love and appreciate your product because it enriches our lives as creatives and gives more depth and meaning to our art! :heart:

3 Likes

The original iPad auxy was a very clever app and I still use it because for me, it is a better tool than the new auxy in the early stage of song creation where I need to go very quickly to build an idea. When the new Auxy appeared, I was not satisfied because it brought a lot more sounds and tools to make more perfect songs, but I lost this real time spontaneous creation which was for me the real interest and genius of auxy. I understand that Auxy jam is the same tool as my old auxy with new sounds (?), sound engine and background new software… Why isn’t it considered as an upgrade of my old auxy still working very well : I don’t see at the moment why I should move… we’ll see. A suggestion : don’t consider auxy jam as a first low version of auxy, but think it as an advanced tool for early stage creation of sketches, and think of new features in this direction (chords creation, patterns, etc…)… I already wrote this by the time, but No one heard me, so not many chance, but ok…

2 Likes

This app has good sounds and I love it but why hell did you remove the capacity to export the tracks in midi from ??? this makes it unusable for my intended use… Could you put it back ??? Or give the possibility to convert tracks to auxy if you’re afraid that users never jump to auxy ???

I am going considering to get reimbursed because this is a to important regression from original app, thx for your answer…

2 Likes

They removed it because this app is designed for beginners to music making, who probably won’t know what MIDI even is. It would be neat to see in the regular Auxy app though

1 Like

I have a two minute sample from the OG program to share with you.
http://auxy.co/track/azVdqE9YVzQS

Thanks crystldawnmusic, I saw this answer in an upper comment also, but to me this is not a good reason, because even beginners may like to export their work to other software, and more experienced people may like auxy jam on their Ipad and have a daw at home… Without midi export the tool stays very limited to me… When Henrik has an idea, he doesn’t move easily :slight_smile: Have a good weekend…

1 Like

Oh there is MIDI export in the regular app, Export Project > Export MIDI, yeah Jam doesn’t have MIDI export though, for that reason stated^^

1 Like

I AGREEEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHH. I feel the same with at least some form of real export.

1 Like

In general, I actually think I’m actually pretty flexible with changing my mind. :slight_smile: With most Auxy things though, we’re usually stubborn because we either know more than the person telling us what to do (e.g. we have better data to look at), or we have at least spent a lot more time thinking about it.

I think this is valid feedback though so will consider bringing back some sort of MIDI export. It makes the app a better sketch pad for sure, which is a nice use case. Thanks!

5 Likes