Auxy for Mac (Real)

This is not a drill. Apple just announced iOS apps running virtually on macOS at WWDC 2020. More details to come :slight_smile:

25 Likes

YES! when I get a MacBook very soon (I hope), I’ll finally be the one to experience auxy on Mac!

3 Likes

And the app is pronounced Auxy Pro? Or whatever, keep it.

1 Like

It’s not a new app, what’s new is that Apple is making it so that you can run iPhone apps on Macs :smiley:

6 Likes

I know!

1 Like

Alert the others!

1 Like

Did they say that existing iOS apps would be able to run on Mac OS?
From what I recall of this being rumoured a while back, iOS apps would need to be rebuilt using a newer ‘universal’ formatting, or something.

I think it’s been mentioned here in the past. (The rumours go back quite a while, iirc.)

4 Likes

This is a bit different actually. You may be thinking of project Catalyst which is a way for iOS devs to port their apps to Mac natively. This is running iOS apps virtually on Mac.

4 Likes

they called it virtualization. The only way they would not run on the Mac is if the developer ended their availability. Auxy on Mac would be such a big deal. I’d no longer use it on iPad or iPhone as much. I make songs in Auxy then send the MIDI to the Mac to build upon in Logic. This would make things way better cuz it would be all on one device!! SO COOL.

4 Likes

Idk about the midi. They still don’t use midi samples, or do they?

sequencing is all MIDI :sparkles:

1 Like

Okay?

are you responding to me?

3 Likes

Yeah oc

where did the question arise? the MIDI export option is available and it’s really helpful & awesome! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I wonder if they can add that to auxy Mac version

“we’re not gonna add support for that because that feature is at a skill level where not many people would make use of it” or something like that smh
probably why they won’t add time signatures in or sample trimming either :\

3 Likes

Auxy on Mac will have the exact same features as the iPhone/iPad version; it isn’t a new app in any way

1 Like

It’s not a new app. it’s supposedly going to just be something that works out of the gate with the new updates. Seems like apple made it so it would be as seamless as possible to port over (tho i guess we’ll have to wait to see what other developers say about it first). But to me, it sounds like it’s just going to be the same exact app, just now you’ll be able to use it on a desktop (tho might potentially require the new Apple cpu’s to work, but again, just gonna have to wait and see on that)

4 Likes

Basically what windows did with xbox live…