We’re super excited to announce that AUXY 5 is rolling out today! Without further ado, here’s what’s new:
Huge Sample Library
We’ve partnered with Black Octopus to bring you a massive library of high quality samples. There are currently eight different sound packs with over 3,000 drum, percussion and effect samples. In addition, new sounds will be added every month.
New Drum Instrument
We’re taking drums to the next level with a redesigned drum instrument:
- Build custom kits with samples from the library
- Start with an empty kit or one of many new presets
- Each drum sound now has the following individual tweaks: pitch (step in semitones), tune (fine tune the pitch), reverb, length, lowpass, highpass, offset (adjust the timing of the hit), pan, volume
- Samples with a “ramp up” before the primary hit will automatically start playing before the note to stay in sync with the beat (try the “Shifted Snares” in “Leviathan” pack to hear the magic!)
Import Your Own Samples
In addition to the new library, you can now import wav files via iCloud and use them in the new drum instrument. Check out the Sample Import FAQ to learn how it works.
New Sound Packs
We’ve added two sounds packs:
- Boom Bass: Tuned bass drum samples to give Punch some competition
- Destiny: New synth sounds by 7 Skies
- All sounds now have a full set of tweaks (tone, shape, etc.)
- All sounds now pan correctly
Redesigned Sound Browser with Favorites
You can now favorite any sound or sample for quick access in the browser. All sounds and samples now live in the cloud, which means you only have to download the sounds that are used in a project instead of entire packs.
You can now add up to 20 instruments in each project. We also think the new drum instrument will reduce the need to add multiple drum tracks with one sample in each.
In order to simplify our offering and put Auxy on a sustainable path forward, we’re introducing a premium subscription that will replace the option to purchase individual sound packs. (Don’t worry, your current packs will always be available regardless if you subscribe or not!)
The subscription will allow us to invest in new features and drastically expand the sound library in a way that’s affordable for all active users. It also simplifies sharing projects when everyone has access to all sounds.
What’s included in the subscription?
- Unlimited access to all sound packs
- Unlimited access to all samples
- Ability to import your own samples
- New sounds and samples that will be added monthly
How much does it cost?
- The price for a monthly subscription is $4.99 in the US App Store
- If you choose the yearly plan you get a 20% discount
- All countries will the same price tier but prices will be different depending on local tax and currency
Is there a free trial?
- All new subscribers get a 7-day free trial
- If you’ve purchased sound packs, you’ll get an extended free trial based on the number of packs you own
Read the Subscription FAQ for more details.
You’re welcome to post feedback and questions about sounds and features in this thread!
Please use the following threads for feedback and questions about:
Looking forward to hear what you think!