Anyone Have Any Official Records Out?

@official_ivo and I actually had some issues with them concerning “mothership”. Please be warey they’re not as trust worthy as they may seem.

Aw man.
Sorry about that.
Thanks for the tip. :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s been a minute! Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/QBDcgC5Y9E0

Just checked them out briefly–from what I can tell, they seem to have somewhat poor engagement on their releases or heavily skewed stat ratios (~30 likes / over 12k plays). It’s also unclear whether they’re a label or a promotional channel (Mothership was originally uploaded to IVO’s page and is therefore not an exclusive release with NSR).

All good if you had a smooth experience with them, but just something to keep in mind in the future for your sake I guess. :slightly_smiling_face: As someone who’s looking to release with a label at some point in the future and also frequently networks with other label owners, seeing those red flags on a label page would be somewhat of a turnoff for me.

They are a label.
They required an exclusive release.
I don’t know why Xavier released his track on his own, but legally, he wasn’t supposed to.
I don’t know what happens with the plays, though, but I’m not worried about that. I’m not really interested in making a ton of money yet. I’m just trying to build a catalog first. SC was fine at first, but normal people (not EDM producers or SC Rappers) don’t use it. They use Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

But, on the other hand, I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with them. That’s no good.

Oh I didn’t have an experience with them–‘twas just observations based on your guys’ releases.

The definition of “Normal people” does vary, but it’s definitely prudent to release to multiple different platforms regardless. So I’m glad they’re good with their distribution. :+1:

Mothership was shared on my Soundcloud before I signed an official release on other platforms with NSR. So… totally legal. Many artists post their own work on their Soundcloud page while still releasing exclusively with a label.

I’ve got a bunch of independent releases out and a couple I released exclusively with No Status Records.