Anyone had their music signed?

Is anyone on here signed to a label? Or had any interest from any big DJs? Maybe you’ve had your track played in a club? Let me know.

1 Like

No, no, and no. Would I like that? Yes, yes, and yes

5 Likes

I’ve never done any serious promotion, but was invited to release one of my tracks on a sub-label after submitting it for feedback to a prominent(-ish) music producer YouTuber/vlogger. I declined because it wasn’t a good deal (for me).

I’ve done a fair bit of research since then and would probably formally create my own label, unless I got interest from a label big enough to be genuinely beneficial.

Simply being on a ‘label’ is relatively easy these days. Being on a proper/worthwhile label - that pro-actively works to develop promotion contacts and channels to promote and maximises interest and revenue for the track/artist - is not so easy.

I think it’s safe to say that no-one here is on that kind of label - yet.

6 Likes

Hopefully as the app develops, and the musicians develop and the music develops we can start seeing Auxy artists getting signed.

I almost did get something signed to a nice lil label in Europe, but it was kinda fishy because they didn’t speak English very well.

3 Likes

I’ve signed to release a single a while ago on a small label called No Status Records, and I’m in the process of getting ready to release an EP with them again in August. It’s very small, yes, but for where I’m at now, the promotion and revenue was acceptable at the time. I talk with the owner personally and he has great connections and deals that keep me interested for now. When I feel my music is ready for the big leagues, then I’ll feel more confident submitting to more notable labels.

5 Likes

I don’t think the app has to do with anyone being signed.
I think that’s the artist’s responsibility.

If this app isn’t enough, then as an artist, we’ve got to explore into more software, and hardware.

10 Likes

I’ve got a release on a big label coming (hopefully) soon :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Which label? :open_mouth:

1 Like

preconceived notions, a side label of phuture collective: https://soundcloud.com/preconceived-notions

I’ve been talking with these guys for a long time and right now I’m adding finishing touches to the track with a featured artist; after that I should get a solid release date :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I had two chances to get signed to some big get smaller labels but i declined cause I felt I needed more time to grow- currently sending my beats to my Dreamchaser/MMG/WeTheBestMusic connection, and he critiques them for me

1 Like

What do you consider ‘big’?

I suspect ideas about what represents ‘big’ might vary here.

3 Likes

I agree it’s the artists responsibility to get signed, I would just like to see artists grow as the app grows.

uh ramzoid followed me i guess

6 Likes

lmao nice

1 Like

i’ve been signed in the past but nothing good

1 Like

i know a lot of relatively big names tho

1 Like

Who were you signed by?

1 Like

i’d rather not talk about it

1 Like