AMF (Auxy Music Festival)

Ever since I joined Auxy about ten months ago, it seems the community has grown immensely. I want to thank everyone here for being such a great group of musicians with great ideas and the devs for making the best mobile DAW and one of the best DAWs of all time.

BUT now, to take the community even further and connect us even more, I would like to propose that, as a community, we have an an Auxy Music Festival.

I was thinking it would be awesome if this now-huge community had some kind of get-together to share our music with the community in person. My ideas are still pretty basic at this time, but what I came up with was a group of Auxy users taking turns at DJing simple, short sets (of their music and other music) and talking about music.

This is pretty far fetched as of now, but I do think it would be pretty sick if we could coordinate something in-person like @DHO mentioned about a real-life Auxy tournament or collab:

Thanks for reading, everyone!
eohr

7 Likes

this will most likely be removed (sorry for the extra work janitors)

2 Likes

Nah, it’s not a bad idea. There are serious logistical issues, geographical issues and etc, but people do stuff like this all the time :slight_smile: there always expos and stuff like that. As a matter of fact, a meetup at an expo might be the best bet for most people— there was just one in Brooklyn a few months back, not only would you / could you hook up with Auxians but you’d also be exposed to the wonderful world of hardware, software, and everything in between. There’s usually vendors at these things showcasing new products too, which is exciting.

Anyhoo, no issues here :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah, that sounds good.

1 Like

Where would this take place?

1 Like

Yea, this might be a problem because of so many people who live in so many countries. It would probably be in the USA because that’s where most of them come from. Or maybe Australia.

4 Likes

What if @Auxy or someone went to each continent and played one show there showcasing auxy producers from that continent. Like one in the USA, Australia, England or whatever.

4 Likes

A friend of mine organised something similar in our area.

He spoke to a local bar about taking over one of their quiet nights once a month, which they were happy to do, as we were getting 100+ people through the door.

People would send him their latest tracks, and he’d DJ for a few hours with a big ‘now playing’ screen behind him.

It wasn’t Auxy focussed, but it was a great networking event, as well as an excuse to have a beer with friends.

8 Likes

I’m in Australia :frowning:

2 Likes

Smart idea

1 Like

Probably wouldn’t work for Auxy since all the users are 13

6 Likes

A significant chunk of you folks are young but those of us over legal age are pretty well represented too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have a milkshake instead.

8 Likes

But NOT A moloko plus!

2 Likes

If someone like @blackocean or @stereofield gets signed to a major label or gathers a fanbase of about 15k on SoundCloud, they’d probably be able to do this Auxy Music Festival. (I’m assuming they’d be making decent money off of music sales by then. Also, I’m using them for examples since they have connections with Phuture Collective and have releases on sublabels of Phuture. Anyone here could make it in the music industry. You just have to put in the time and energy.) It probably won’t happen for a while. It sounds like a good idea though. Hopefully we’ll all still stay part of the community if we set this future goal of having this festival. It definitely gives me motivation.

5 Likes

We could set one up in every major Auxy area, if we got @Auxy to send us a message with the stats about where users are

1 Like

But for now, as I know a decent number of users in the minnesota area (me, @Produk, @MR_ANDERSON, @iammane, @Dj_Peloton, maybe @Andrew_Adams?) and probably a decent number more. It seems like this would be really cool if @iammane could help set this up because he’s a janitor and not a child or teen like most of us. Just putting that out there for minnesootans…

3 Likes

sorry for the pings

1 Like

also @blackocean

3 Likes

I live in NY, and between work and kids I don’t have time. When my kids don’t wanna hang out with me anymore, wear headphones all the time, ignore me and only need me for a ride somewhere I suspect I’ll have more time :relieved:

5 Likes