Adrenaline - By BALLISTIK

https://m.soundcloud.com/ballistikbeats/adrenaline
Please tell me what you think!

2 Likes

You’ve got an interesting melody going on there, but I really do like it. Overall, a good song in my opinion.

1 Like

I enjoy that melody so much dude, great job there :+1:

One critique may be that the first drop lost some of the energy that you had built beforehand because there wasn’t enough bass, but I can see that as being a subjective view.

Overall, I’m sure I’ll listen to this again :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I really like the build up at the start, it’s very good! At 0:24 the new chords come in very strong. I think that it could’ve used a smoother transition, and a different instrument might fit better, but you made it work. At about 0:45 the snares come in too strong as well, and kind of out of nowhere imo. I’d try putting some snare rhythms before that to make it smoother. At the drop the hi hats came in a little too strong. At 1:14 it felt louder than the rest of the drop, I think because the kick stopped and the ducker went away. Other than those things, I thought it was really good. Sorry if it seems like a lot of stuff, it’s really not I just wanted to make sure to describe them well. I really liked all the musical ideas and stuff, just a very few transitional things.

1 Like

Thanks everyone - I didn’t expect so much great feedback so soon!! xD
I’m listening again, and I’m noticing what you pointed out. Overall this song really just needs a good mixdown, so I’ll probably be releasing one at some point when I find the time.

1 Like

Also, you know what’s funny, the melody was my least favorite part of the song!

Well I thought it was great. I liked the chord structure/progression

The first drop needed much more bass. Otherwise, good job. It’s nice to just listen to on repeat.