8 yr old Auxy musician!?

Thanks for finding this! Love it!

Sigh.

A cute story. I’ve got zero doubt it’s utter bs, but makes for an appealing story — if that’s your kind of thing.

If that kid was genuinely precocious enough to write that music, then he probably is advanced enough to be not be writing about his smelly socks.

Sigh.

Bah! Humbug! :wink:

You mean there’s someone else making the music?

https://soundcloud.com/obexg/one-on-the-hour

But… he is 8. As the owner of two young children, I can vouch for the fact they say REALLY WEIRD SH!T, like all the time.

The socks bit is the only bit that sounds halfway credible.

The point I’m making is that the seamlessly sprinkled in doses of street slang and pro sports lingo make the whole endeavour csmell like bs. Not to mention the music/beats.

@stereofield

Not sure what you think the SC page actually proves.

I’m not walking this back unless I see a video of the kid writing beats or rhymes from scratch. Never. Gonna. Happen.

Am I missing the joke, or do some here really think that stuff’s legit?

I was a tad suspicious too but you can look at the videos of him singing IRL. The kid is real though the SoundCloud night not be.

Yay

Absolutely. Lyrics too.

I think the scepticism is more about who wrote the beats and lyrics.

Has all the hallmarks of a well-meaning bit of mischief meant to go viral.

Just got liked by Obex G’s SoundCloud… :slight_smile:

Obex: are you watching this conversation lol

Welcome to the world of ghost producers…

Literally had the same thing happen to me!

Wait so some1 else is making all his soundcloud songs and then he is posting them?

Unlikely but possible

yea probably because if I was making good music I wouldn’t want some random kid to get all the credit and leave me unrecognised

What if it wasn’t some random kid, but your son, cousin or… and you wanted to do something extra special for him because…?

… or your client(to add).